Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard Internet Control Center  (Read 26340 times)

gwr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard Internet Control Center
« on: July 16, 2006, 09:02:22 PM »

Running Vanguard Internet Control Center on XP.  Everything works until  I finish recording & click on watch video. I get a message "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and will close" I have uninstalled & re installed the software with same results.  Need advice

Bill C.

Re: Vanguard Internet Control Center
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 01:27:40 PM »

I have the same problems with my Vanguard software.......it works fine until I try to view a recording of video captured from any of the cameras.
I am using it on a BRAND NEW  Gateway Media Powerhouse with DUAL 2.2 GHz Processors, 512 cache, 2 Gig frontside bus, using 2Gig of DDR Dual- Channel RAM !
     So I'm certain it's the software, and not the computer's lack of capability. Perhaps it's an operating system incompatibility ( Windows XP Media Edition )
Whatever the problem is.......I would like to know how to fix it too !
                                                                                                   Bill C.

lee175

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 03:44:33 PM »

I had the same problem, and then I changed the size of the picture on my monitor, you can't go full-screen on some computers, I went one fourth the size by right clicking on the picture viewer, now everything works good, lee175

Hey Damo,  When you load Vanguard (TM) Installation and come to the part VA11A click OK plug in the devices before clicking OK load everything except WDM Video, your computer has that program already so cancel that one and proceed, if you load the WDM your computer will freeze up.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 11:27:11 AM by lee175 »

HeyDamo

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 08:01:33 PM »

Hi, I had the same problem but before I could address it the HD (120 GB same as OS) got full and froze my pc completely. When I installed it I put it in the wrong HD. LOL. I meant to put it in its own HD (80 GB w/ hidden part. for OS restore). The last time vanguard started I changed the HD selection that it was to save to and it froze. It has never ran again. I have since Removed all of the vanguard software and re installed multiple times - not yet from safe mode-- I moved it to the other drive completely--... the install appears to go fine, I (restart/or not) the PC and I click the vanguard icon/or in start menu and it appears to start, i see the vanguard logo as usual and tries to load for a few minutes before it gets a dll error, much like the others in this forum.

any insight or info would be greatly appreciated.

HeyDamo

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 09:05:24 PM »

hp pavillion 04
win xp home sp2
pentium 1.3
384 mb ram
raedon 7500 video card w/ 64 mb
sound blaster audigy card
c: drive (main-bootable) 120 gb
F: drive (left for cameras) also has hidden partition for recovery of os
vanguard was originally installed on c: but changed to save on f:
and now it doesn't
work

chefjason1983

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 12:08:28 AM »

Same issue run dll error changed all recording settings image quality size ect no effect. if anyone has solution please let us know

chefjason1983

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 02:35:39 AM »

to anyone interested i contacted support and got the following suggestions: If the software runs but you see that error sometimes, try going into Options-Snapshots and changing image storage frequency to record less often than every 5 seconds.

There are two other things that you can try if you receive this error. First, make sure that all of your X10 software is closed. Then open up My Computer and go to the local drive C. Once there, look for the directory labeled "My Images." Right-click on the directory, and select the option 'Rename.' Change the name to something other than it is currently; "My Images Temp" will suffice. Then try to open the Vanguard software again.

If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall Vanguard.

Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and click on the ‘Add/Remove’ button for Vanguard. Note: You may receive a message saying "Could Not Find Install.Log." If you get this, delete the folder at C:\Program Files\Vanguard. Run the Vanguard installer again, and repeat Step #1.
A window will pop up asking if you would like to do an ‘Automatic’ or ‘Custom’ uninstall. Select ‘Custom.’
Click on the ‘Select all’ button, and then the ‘next’ button on every screen in the Uninstall Wizard.
Click ‘Finish.’ Repeat steps 1-4 for X-Ray Vision, X10 Hardware, and any other X10 software installed.
Reboot the computer.
Go to My computer | C: | Program files | Common files.
Delete the ‘X10’ folder. If you receive a message that states you cannot delete this folder, go to step 8. If you can delete it, go to step 12.
Press the Crtl, Alt, and Del buttons on your keyboard at the same time to bring up Task Manager.
Click on Processes. End process for x10net.exe.
Delete the ‘X10’ folder in the ‘Common Files’ folder.
If this does not work, reboot the computer and repeatedly press F8 while it loads to bring up the Safe Mode menu. Boot into Safe Mode and delete the ‘X10’ folder in the ‘Common Files’ folder.
Reboot the computer.
Disconnect your VA11A Video Capture Adapter.
Install the Vanguard software and plug in the VA11A when prompted.
Reboot the computer again.

i did this exactly as told and it worked fine. software was definatly annoying to get working but whatever it works now

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.