Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Some mornings the alarm system go off at 6:30 am (False alarms)  (Read 10363 times)

johnboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I'am trying to find out what would be the possible causes of these false alarm??

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Some mornings the alarm system go off at 6:30 am (False alarms)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 12:01:17 PM »

We're about as lost as you till we get some more information. I don't have an X10 alarm but have had an occasional false alarm most do to user error. eg. Kids not closing the door well enough.

To get things started let me throw out a few questions and perhaps some of the alarm pros here can help.

Has it been working? How long? Is this a new problem? It so, what has changed in the house? Any changes in morning activities? List everything even if it sounds stupid or unlikely.

Is it always 6:30 am? Plus or minus what window of time. Does anyone leave the house at that time? Walk the dog? Go to work?

Does your alarm indicate the zone that triggered it?

BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

johnboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 03:34:31 PM »

The system is at my cottage.     No one is there so the system is not being set on and off and no one is going in or out.    I get calls at 6:30 am      the first two times I had someone walk around the cottage.   There were no signs of breakin.     At that time the alarm was still on.     Two days later it happened again.   Cottage checked everything OK.

cchris1042

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 12:17:48 PM »

This sounds too simple to help but try moving the motion detector or covering the window......

With a previous system we'd get false alarms nearly every morning. They started just about the time the sun started rising and lasted about an hour.....

We covered the window on the east side of the living room and they stopped. Apparently the sun rising and shining in that window was enough to trigger the motion detector.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.