Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why do I feel like X10 steals my clients?  (Read 4316 times)

weldon007

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Why do I feel like X10 steals my clients?
« on: July 22, 2006, 12:17:32 AM »

I am trying to setup web pages that X10 supplies with my Affiliate ID embedded.

My problem is that when I click on one of my pages I am taken to that page with no problems, but then it will have another link on my page and when I click that it goes to the X10 web site. A new 800 number is displayed but it does not have the Promo Code or My ID listed below it or anywhere...when I hold my mouse over a link my ID is no where in the link. If you navigate away from your own landing page or link I believe you have just lost your client to X10.

Also when you click an order button another 800 is listed but no ID or Promo Code is shown so when they call there is no ID Code and X10 takes the order...

Example:

Click or go here http://ispystore.net/
Then Click the Iparty banner at the botton of page....
On that page scroll and click on any ORDER NOW button...
Scroll to the bottom and notice the 800 number without my id or promo code...how will I get credit for this?

I believe that I would get credit if the order was completed online but not if my client calls the 800 number.

This is all through the site...many places that your people even say that it's unfortunate that a link may lead to X10's website...

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
Re: Why do I feel like X10 steals my clients?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 11:27:44 AM »

Since it's FREE or is it ?
First, I would suggest that you read all of the fine print.
And if it is indeed FREE. You then have choices.
You or someone you know can download the code and change everything that goes to X10.
Phone numbers, links, everything. You will then need to have it hosted at an isp or on your own server.
Depending on how you connect to the internet will determine how and if you would set up a server of your own.
If you use a dial up connection forget about having your own server. You need a high speed connection for that.
Whether your high speed connection is dynamic or static you can still set up your own server. It's just a matter of how.
Hope this is helpful.  :)
Jim
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.