Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 unreliable  (Read 7146 times)

gcsystem

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 unreliable
« on: July 21, 2006, 06:11:22 PM »

I have been using X10 wall switches and outlets for about 6 months now and have come to the conclusion that it is a waste of time and unsafe.  Outdoor spotlights would come on when we wash clothes.  Garage lights would come on at times when running the clothes drier.  After trying multiple addresses and finding the same results, I yanked out all the X10.  It is a waste of time and a system as unreliable as this should not even be marketted.  Anyone looking for lots of headaches, I have lots of X10 crap for sale at a really, really good price.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: X10 unreliable
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 06:50:32 PM »

...Anyone looking for lots of headaches, I have lots of X10 crap for sale at a really, really good price.

I'm interested!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Send me a PM with a list of what you have and how much you want for it.

*OR*

Follow my SIG LINK and do some reading... ;)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 07:02:46 PM »

...Outdoor spotlights would come on when we wash clothes.  Garage lights would come on at times when running the clothes drier....
Sorry you had so much problems. Noise filters for the washer and drier might of made a difference. I can't say for sure since everyone situation is different. Actually it's more common for a signal to be blocked than the situations you had. It would of been interesting to of figured it out.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 09:37:38 PM »

I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble and can understand your frustration.
DON'T just give up ! The people here at the forum are really wonderful at helping to resolve problems and are more than happy to help you.
I'm a newbie myself. I've only been using X10 for a few months now, and believe me these folks have held my hand and helped me not only to resolve problems but also to avoid some.
Start by posting a detailed description of what you have, how you have it set up and exactly what is happening.
The more information you provide the better the experienced people will be able to help you.
Give them and yourself a chance. I promise you'll learn a lot and most likely have fun doing so.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 09:57:24 PM »

As I've stated many times before there is a learning curve to X10!
take the time to do some reading as TakeTheActive suggests, then as Otis69  stated
"DON'T just give up"
If you are persistant it will payoff!
Once you think you've read everything and tried everything then post a detailed description of what you have, how you have it set up and exactly what is happening as Otis69 stated.
Don't want to spend the time then Add me to the list of prospective buyers!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.