Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to setup Xcam2 + Robocam pan and tilt?  (Read 9973 times)

billybob

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How to setup Xcam2 + Robocam pan and tilt?
« on: July 22, 2006, 01:04:53 PM »

I have just brought a xcam2 with motion sensor and vcr commander, robocam pan and tilt but i'm having problems getting it to work. I also have the TM13 unit.

Camera works fine, but when using the remote controller for the robocam nothing happens, I see slight movement in the camera but this happens once every few mins, its just like a flick more than any movement. If I manually move the robocam, on switch on it moves itself back to centre position. There is a led on the remote but this does not light so does this mean this is faulty (i have tried other batteries). I'm also a bit confused how you use the tm13 with this? does the remote control use this to move the pan and tilt or is for just switching on and off?

Could some explain the best way of setting this up?

Thanks

RockinDolphin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: How to setup Xcam2 + Robocam pan and tilt?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 01:24:04 AM »

Pardon me, but I forgot what the TM13 is. Is this the transceiver unit? If so, then are you sure it's plugged into an outlet that's on the 'same side' as the camera is? Remember that houses are typically 240-volt split single phase. What this means is that you have two 'legs' of 120 volts coming into your box. One of these legs is 180 degrees out of phase with the other leg and that's how you get 240 volts for dryers, electric ranges, and other 240 volt appliances.

Try plugging the Ninja Pan&Tilt and the transceiver into the same outlet and try to control it. If it doesn't work, then you've got a more serious problem.

~Kenny

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: How to setup Xcam2 + Robocam pan and tilt?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 07:18:44 AM »

Is the remote a CR13A by chance. TM13A does not ring any bells for me.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.