Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XX16A was working, but isn't now, Can't see it in AHP or on TV, help please  (Read 7518 times)

cptjack1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I am having problems with my camera XX16A. I got my system yesterday and had trouble getting started. It was working earlier today and now when I go into ActiveHome Pro to see my camera, all I see is the ActiveHome Professional video monitoring logo. All cables are hooked up and on correct channels. Also, when I hook it up to my TV I can't see anythign either. Any suggestions? Thank you for any input! :)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68

An XX16A is NOT an X10 device, which is why AHP does noy recognize it. In fact the XX16A is not made by SmartHome, or any X10 related manufacturer.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

XX16A is an X10 product. It is the single Xcam2 Instant on camera part number. Usually part of a camera kit though can be bought as an add on to an existing system.

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

I see similar issues with iWitness where it would not be able to display an image but I know that the video signal is there because it shows up fine when connected to a TV. I was able to get it to work after restarts. I do not know whether the problem is in iWitness or the AHP. More likely it is iWitness.I thinkthat the V11A video-USB interface can also be a problem.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41

I would start with the basics
1 Start with the camera hooked up to a TV that is set to the same channel as the video receiver
2 For testing purposes move the camera close to the video receiver
3 Make sure the camera and receiver are set to the same channel
4 Make sure that both the camera and the receiver have power
5 Make sure that the camera's power supply is set to the same unit and house code as you have   
   set up in AHP
6 If you are still unable to get it to work try using something other than AHP  to turn the camera on.
7 If you get the camera to work with a TV you should now be able to move the connection to the VA11 and view it with the computer.
8 If it is now working try moving it to the desired location. If it stops working when you move it you may need to relocate the receiver or at least reposition the antenna.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68

XX16A is an X10 product. It is the single Xcam2 Instant on camera part number. Usually part of a camera kit though can be bought as an add on to an existing system.

Just out of curiousity, why did a Google search of XX16A yeald NO links to any X10, Smart Home, or Automated Outlet, and a search of X10. com itself got no hits? I didn't llook at X10 Pro, though.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

I have no idea. Only place I fond it was in the downloadable manuals on X10 Support.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.