Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Home Pro crashes when I try to update my location  (Read 9006 times)

tommwatson

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Active Home Pro crashes when I try to update my location
« on: July 28, 2006, 11:06:36 AM »

I have updated, uninstalled, reinstalled and nothing helps.  When I try to update my location in "Hardware Configuration" the program crashes.  I have tried deleting all the files from the Program folder and reinstalling, but nothing helps.  Also, I notice that there are no cities shown when I click the down arrow to select a different dity, so something is missing. 

Any thoughts?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Active Home Pro crashes when I try to update my location
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 02:56:09 PM »

I suspect you have a botched installation. I suggest you uninstall AHP, delete everything, all folders that AHP created, then do a full defrag of your system.  Then reinstall AHP .
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »

...then do a full defrag of your system....
I know the value of defragmenting a drive but don't understand how it helps in the case of reinstalling the AHP software. Could you clarify that for me?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

Doing a defrag after a reinstall helps little it! should be done after the uninstall and before the reinstall a scandisk should also be done with all options checked before the defrag.
 tommwatson: you have to remove the folder ActiveHome Pro from C:Program Files as well as the folder X10 from the C:Program FilesCommon Files
Since you've removed and reinstalled  you may wish to clean your registry of old entries as this will also cause a problem You can find shareware/free programs for that at Download.com
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 05:47:00 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »

Remember, a reformat gets rid of the Windows Regisrty, so it's like starting all over again.  No O/S, no applications, no nothing.  Cures every Windows problem known. If you are really paranoid, run Fdisk, remove the partition, reboot from the Emergency Disk from 9X (2000 and above don't have an Emergency Disk and FDisk doesn't exist either. If you don't have one, ask any computer person you know for one, most keep their old Emergency Disk around for emergencies like that and will make you a copy. NOTE: You must have a floppy disk drive for this to work.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 08:52:21 PM »

I'm not suggesting a reformat of ones PC to do that is irresponsible and the lazy way out!
take your PC into get fix and the first thing they want to do is reformat Why? because it is the lazy way to fix the problem and the fastest. They can charge what ever they like and all that is involved is putting in a disk the PC does the work but they get paid! >:( >:( ::)
I fix PCs on the side and very rarely do they need to be formated (usually only because a virus has destroyed too many essential files)! And did you Know you can reinstall windows without formating which will rewrite the registry! But I'm not suggesting that here either! You'll lose to much! Dan : prior to your last post there was no mention of reformating in this thread! ;) I assumed tommwatson was talking about AHP as was I! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 10:45:33 PM »

...Emergency Disk... ...If you don't have one...
This site can be useful for emergency boot disks.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.