Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to make EagleEye, Camera and Wall Switch to work together  (Read 16685 times)

chinaboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 2

Alright X10 guru's. Help me out. I have a 4 camera system which works fine. I just installed a wall switch for the porch light to come on when activated by the motion detector. What settings do I use to get the light to come on when motion is detected for camera A3. But I only want the light to come on at night. Is it possible for the motion detector to work 24/7 but only turn the light on at night. I still want the motion sensor to trigger the camera during the day time as well.

A little of the subject, can anyone tell me why my pan and tilt base only works sometimes. If I go outside and point the remote to the pan&tilt, it works fine in all directions. When I come back inside, the Base moves slightly and then stops responding to remote, it also will not respond to the commands from the computer base software. If I keep pressing the control, it turns once or twice and stops. I won't even work when I am right in-front of the TM751. I tried swapping the base, so I know nothing is wrong with the base.

Thanks in advance

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: How to make EagleEye, Camera and Wall Switch to work together
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 02:05:35 PM »

I will address your first question and give you the method I use.
1. Installed a WS12A 3-Way dimmer switch that controls a lamp at the front door. 
2. Created a Front Door Lamp On Macro with a timer to turn on the lamp at dusk at 50%. 
3. Created a Front Door Lamp Off Macro that turns off the lamp at dawn.
4. Installed a motion sensor that detects motion 24/7 at the front door. 
5. Created a Front Door Camera Macro that records stills when motion is detected 24/7. 
6. Created a Motion Front Door Macro triggered by the motion sensor and if it's night time, it brightens the lamp to 100% for 30 seconds and then dims to 50%.   
Hope this helps.

chinaboy

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 02:40:25 PM »

Sounds good, but since you talked about macro, does this means that I need to purchase the Active HomePro Device. Right now I just have the Small Video Receiver  (VR36A) and video capture device along with the TM751 Transceiver, and detectors. Let me know if the Active HomePro device is required before this take can be completed. Thanks for your fast response, Don

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 02:52:17 PM »

Yes, I use the Active Home Pro and Smart Macros.  I can't address how you would set it up using the components that you describe.

chinaboy

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 06:13:07 PM »

Ok, I will purchase the Active HomePro and see how that works. Thanks

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 03:04:57 PM »

depending on the motion sensor, it will have a dusk dawn setting. BUT you would need 2 motion sensors to do what you need then.
Its easier with the AHP software and the CM15A.

For the P/T problem, I have had this happen too, If the P/T base in front stops I switch to the P/T in back it works, go back and the front works again. I know this is a problem with RF distance on the P/T (antenna mod helps on the P/T).
What are the exterior walls of your home made of? if you move the P/T into the house does it work better?

My P/T currently are sortof setup in a window, as I have thick cement (stucko) walls in my old house :)
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

chinaboy

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 09:16:11 AM »

I just got the CM15A along with all the a AHP softwares. I have 4 MS14A motion sensors. New to using macros, so this might be a challenge for me. So far the AHP works like a champ based on the simple camera setups and wall switches.

My walls are wood and with vinyl sidings. You mentioned a P/T antenna mod helps. Do you have any instructions on completing this task?

OK, I am confused. My entire system is setup on House code A. I just added the P/T module to AHP and assigned it as B2. Keep in mind that the Power supply on the p/T is still on A2. Now using AHP I can control the P/T with no problems. I guess that is OK that I can control it from the AHP using B2 even if the power supply is on A2, but I still need to control it from the remote. Why would AHP control the P/T on B2 and not A2. So this tells me that the distance should not be the problem. I tried switching the P/T remote to B2, but was not able to control the Pan and Tilt.

Do you think I may have some kind of interference on house code A, or was this just a coincidence? I really would like to control the P/T from the remote when the computer is not available. 

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 02:23:55 PM »

They should all be on the same HC just diff. UC.
Click Find Other Computers under Tools....   What does it say for your used HCs?

I cant remember where the mod was...  maybe in AccessHA?
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

RockinDolphin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 09:18:12 PM »

Hey, Y'all!

Chinaboy, does you house have aluminum siding? Mine does and that really messes with my system...

Also, remember that you have TWO, or THREE different issues to think about, here. The motion sensors, remotes, and other wireless parts run around the 300MHz range. The VIDEO is on 2.4GHz. The X-10 signals are 'powerline' signals and travel through the AC wiring system.

If you have a remote, motion detector, or sticky switch (Which is a wireless remote.), these operate around 300MHz. they need to be able to reach the transciever unit so the signals can be interpreted into X-10 based powerline signals which travel through the AC line to the devices. (Lights, Ninja pan & tilt bases, etc...) It's kind of crazy, but if you have a Flood-Cam, the motion sensor sends a 300MHz wireless signal to the transceiver to turn around and turn it's own camera on because it also sends some sort-of 'All Off' signal to the other cameras in the system, if you have multiple cameras.

So, make sure your transceiver is placed where it's not getting interferance from something and it's within equal range of all devices and remotes.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.