Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Activity Monitor Log Memory Buffer  (Read 5734 times)

AnotherX10User

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Activity Monitor Log Memory Buffer
« on: July 31, 2006, 10:38:07 PM »

I have the latest Active Home Pro software (v3.204) and was wondering if there is any way to increase the buffer size of the Activity Monitor Log?

I have 93.52% Memory left over and would like to view the X10 activity over the past week or so for trouble shooting purposes.

Is there any way to assign a percentage of memory for this - as I'm not using it for anything else.....?

Thanks - Bob

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Activity Monitor Log Memory Buffer
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 03:17:15 PM »

In the early releases of the program the activity monitor had a much larger capacity but there were major problems with it x10 limited the size to stabilize the program.
I've never tried this but under preferences (Active home Pro) scroll down to event history length and change the number in the box. Defalt is 1000
This may cause issues such as AHP hanging if so reset to 1000
Update
OK just tested And it will go beyond the 1000 but how far with out causing issues I don't know!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 03:28:57 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 03:28:01 PM »

I've never felt the need for more than 1000 lines myself. You can always save or print the log.

What I'd like is an activity report by module.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 03:38:01 PM »

I know there are a few reasons to have a longer Activity monitor. Debugging macros is one! and if you have a large system a longer file is helpful(short term).
I very rarely look at my activity monitor now I can't remember when I reset it last!  Oh yes I can! I just did it! ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 03:49:59 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 10:17:17 PM »

At one point I had set the event history length to 5000 events and do not recall having any problems. Sometime after that I re-installed the AHP and forgot to change the default setting of 1000. But when the buffer length was 5000, it seemed to run OK. It would have been nice to be able to specify whether you want to save it on a daily basis.

dlflannery

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
What is the effect of log buffer size?
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 03:27:07 PM »

At one point I had set the event history length to 5000 events and do not recall having any problems. Sometime after that I re-installed the AHP and forgot to change the default setting of 1000. But when the buffer length was 5000, it seemed to run OK. It would have been nice to be able to specify whether you want to save it on a daily basis.

What is the effect of the activity monitor buffer size when the 15 unit is not connected to the AHP program?  If the interface reaches the limit, does it roll around (i.e., keeping the latest so-many events) or does it just quit recording?  I've had events that I knew occured as timed but they don't show up in the activity log when I later turn on the computer and start the program.

Edited 8/17/06:  Since my original post I have learned more about how Activity Monitor works, see my post at http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=9532.msg56923#msg56923
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 02:41:55 PM by dlflannery »

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 01:09:39 PM »

If your queue limit is set to 1000 it will keep the latest 1000 events. If you bring up the activity monitor it will display the last 1000 events and will contiue displaying additional events in the same sequence (1001, 1002 ...) but the memory only manitains the last 1000 events and does not stop recording.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.