Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MyHouse Password: how to erase?  (Read 9425 times)

yvanmarl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MyHouse Password: how to erase?
« on: August 15, 2006, 04:13:16 PM »

Hi!

I logged to myhouse on-line at work. Everything worked fine. Maybe too fine! :o
If I forget to erase IE hsitory, anyone can go back to myhouse.x10.com and, the software will pop a connection window. ALL my info are in there: Systeme ID, name and PASSWORD! :o >:(
Of course, the password is showing ******, but you just have to hit connect to actually control my house! :-[

Any ways to have the cookie NOT to remeber password?? This could be a very handful security feature!

Martin. ;D

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: MyHouse Password: how to erase?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 07:06:45 PM »

If you come home and remember you forgot to reset things at the office you could go into AHP under  Myhouse User Configuration and change the password for that user then if someone tries to log on they'll keep getting the password screen and wont get any farther;) :D ;D
Also you could restrict by time of day or day of week if you had a steady shift or 9 to 5 job! ;)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 05:08:58 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 01:22:49 AM »

If you come home and remember you forgot to reset things at the office you could go into AHP under  Myhouse User Configuration and change the password for that user...
...Also you could restrict by time of day or day of week if you had a steady shift or 9 to 5 job!...
Why not set up an extra ID with a "9 to 5" [insert your work hours here] access time? This way you could use that at work not worry about your main ID being compromised.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

iV

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • Me, since i'm working with X10 products :)
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 03:08:37 PM »

I've foung this work around. i'm creating a new user in the "remote user login" you create a new user, so you can now delete the real user.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.