Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: X10 SCHEMATICS....  (Read 21669 times)

NTK

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 SCHEMATICS....
« on: August 02, 2006, 09:23:35 AM »

HIR GUYS? LOOK IAM NEW TO THE SITES AND WOULD LIKE HELP ON X10....I RECEIVED A PROJECT ON X10 AND WOULD LIKE TO BUILD ONE WITH TRANSMITTER AND RECEIVER, I WOULD LIKE UR HELP ON SCHEMATICS

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: X10 SCHEMATICS....
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 11:35:20 AM »

First:        Welcome! There's a lot combinded knowledge among the folks here. Most likely your problem has already been solved at least once. If not, there are a lot of us that are willing to steer you in the right right direction so you can "invent your own wheel".

Second:   A "point of etiquette"  All CAPS are not needed. It actually makes your message harder to read. It equates to screeming.

Third:      Please post more details of what you're trying to do.

Fourth:    While you're waiting for replies, search this forum. It will give you some hints as well as help you avoid some of the pitfalls and crap some of us have already stepped in.

BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 12:07:31 PM »

NTK,

Yes a little more detail would help forum users provide more specific answers. However the following site provides many schematics, modifications, and technical information for X10 modules.

http://www.idobartana.com/hakb/index.htm
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 02:00:53 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 04:49:55 PM »

Just take some of the schematics as only good for some versions of a module. The Appliance Module one was not close to mine.
X10 has some of their RF Transmittine schematics on file with the FCC and last time I looked they where not flagged as private don't allow access. Many vendors flag theirs as proprietary and private.
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

NTK

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 03:46:45 AM »

Thanks guys, well i will look at ur links in the moment, but my project must be a demonstration platform which consist of Transmitter and receiver communicating with automation protocol, low cost and a stand alone.....twisted pair as communication medium.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 12:13:15 PM »

The twisted pair as a com path requirement, pretty much puts X10 out of your project. X10 is strictly PLC and RF.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 04:44:18 PM »

As Dave said. X10 is powerline signals and synchronized to the zero crossing of the AC Voltage.
There is in the X10 Support Area Users manuals section; near the bottom of the list. The X10 protocol and the TW523 Interface that takes signals and send them over the powerlines.

Backward Engineering

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 11:05:10 AM »

For those looking for a schematic of the SR227, I have reverse engineered one.

Updated 11/12/11  Replaced resistor symbols. No other changes.
Please post any needed additions or correction and I will update the drawing.
Some of the component values are not shown.  As soon as I have a spare to open up again, I will try to update the values.

Don
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:53:26 PM by Backward Engineering »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 12:36:58 PM »

Thank you for the schematic and work devoted to do it.
Helpful from me.

Do you know how old it was?
In the last few years X10 had redesigned modules. Using more readily available parts. Including a different manufacturers microcontroller, surface mounted parts and power supplies running in the 4.5 to 5.2 volt DC range.
I know the newer appliance modules and lamp modules have the new parts and PCBs.

Backward Engineering

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 02:28:16 PM »

The schematic is from an SR227 that I purchased in 2009.  I did a mod to make it automatically turn off after a short (32 sec.) delay to use it with my Add-A-Motor drapery control.  Prior to the mod, I would need to use a macro or remember to turn the module off after each open or close cycle of the drapes.  The mod involves adding a CD4040 CMOS IC inside the module sandwiched between the two boards.  I also made an extensive mod to the Add-A-Motor.  I redesigned the circuit and ordered PC boards from ExpressPCB.  The board layout has 2 circuits and I had to buy 3 boards.  I still have 2 boards (4 circuits). The Add-A-Motor kept slipping and getting out of sync.  More details are available. Here is a photo of the AGC board in the SR227.  The 2 ICs in the center are for the SR227 CD4040 mod.

Backward Engineering

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 02:41:26 PM »

If I could attach a zip file, I would post the ExpressPCB file.  I assume that changing the extension on a file to an allowed type is not permitted, otherwise, I could attach the file and then you could download the file and rename it to the ExpressPCB file.  ExpressPCB is free software that you can download to create schematics and board layouts.  I use CuteWriter (free software) to convert anything that can be printed to a pdf file.

Backward Engineering

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 11:05:39 AM »

BSR CM14311 X10 Control Console Schematic
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 03:30:19 AM by Backward Engineering »

Backward Engineering

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 01:04:49 PM »

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 05:42:29 PM »

Updated X10 SR227 Schematic.pdf

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9437.0;attach=2086

Don

Does anyone know if one can modify the SR227 to disable the local override?    I have LED light, and the leakage current is enough to illuminate it when otherwise "off".
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2019, 10:55:50 PM »

Updated X10 SR227 Schematic.pdf

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9437.0;attach=2086

Don

Does anyone know if one can modify the SR227 to disable the local override?    I have LED light, and the leakage current is enough to illuminate it when otherwise "off".

Just a bump wondering if anyone has, yet, found a way to do this (disable the trickle current used for local override).
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.