Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why not as bright?  (Read 2391 times)

jdblewitt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Why not as bright?
« on: July 26, 2008, 04:03:04 PM »

I was very excited to get this system and have been spending the afternoon setting it up.  I have a great room with 14 recess lights on three circuits.  After setting up 2 on the ws467 modules I notice that they are not as bright as they were on the old dimmers and I can even compare them to the circuit that I haven't switched over yet.  It's a very noticeable amount.  Where I wasn't able to look directly straight up at the lights for more than a few seconds without becoming very uncomfortable, I can now look into the ones I switched over all day if I wanted to.  I have the brightness to 100% and have been cycling the switch trying to get them brighter with no luck.  Any suggestions?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Why not as bright?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 06:31:42 PM »

Standard incandescent type bulbs or some type of low voltage types with a ballast or transformer?

How many watts are the bulbs and do you know about how many on one dimmer?

The WS467s do steal power through the load so the bulbs will not be full brightness but your old ones probably also stole power through the loads so I would not think they would be noticeably different.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Why not as bright?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 06:59:16 AM »

I was very excited to get this system and have been spending the afternoon setting it up.  I have a great room with 14 recess lights on three circuits.  After setting up 2 on the ws467 modules I notice that they are not as bright as they were on the old dimmers and I can even compare them to the circuit that I haven't switched over yet.  It's a very noticeable amount.  Where I wasn't able to look directly straight up at the lights for more than a few seconds without becoming very uncomfortable, I can now look into the ones I switched over all day if I wanted to.  I have the brightness to 100% and have been cycling the switch trying to get them brighter with no luck.  Any suggestions?

I'm presuming that the wattage of your lamps does not exceed the rating of the WS467.

One of the things I've observed with the "new & improved" WS467 Wall Switch is that it has to be brightened more than 100% to achieve maximum brightness in an incandescent lamp.  You may need an X10 controller to do this additional brightening.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.