Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A and B house code issue  (Read 12108 times)

llockie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
A and B house code issue
« on: August 02, 2006, 04:37:32 PM »

I have active home pro, and 2 house codes. A is the house. B is the shop. which sits adjacent to the house, with a wire run of approx 100 ft. The wireing is to code, and is wit a Floating neutral in the shop. Most of my outlets are GFCI.
I have a WS13A and an AM15A in the shop so far. I also have a TM751 plugged in in the shop set to B.
I can controll everything from the hand controller, but cannot controll anything from the AHP computer.
I can use Tools- Find other computers- and see my modules on the B side. I can control all modules on the A side with AHP.
What am I missing?
I also installed passive coupler in th eelectrical panel at the shop.
I know this is working, as prior to it's install, I had coupling problems in the house.
Any help would be appreciated.
Larry

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: A and B house code issue
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:08:24 PM »

I have a WS13A and an AM15A in the shop so far. I also have a TM751 plugged in in the shop set to B.
I can controll everything from the hand controller, but cannot controll anything from the AHP computer.
I can use Tools- Find other computers- and see my modules on the B side. I can control all modules on the A side with AHP.
What am I missing?
here are a few things to check
  • make sure you have the TM751 configured as a transceiver in AHP(actually double check all modules) ;) :D
  • make sure you have transceived house code "B" disabled in AHPs Hardware configuration
  • make sure your monitored house code is set to "A" not "B" although this shouldn't make a difference
  • test you TM751 in another outlet and send a b1 on then off command you should hear clicking if not and the TM751 is set properly it is damaged and you'll need a new one. check it close to the Cm15A as there may be a range issue.
  • check for noise that can stop info to other devices from the TM751
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 05:18:59 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 01:03:02 PM »

Hockie
Tuiceman may have forgot something. The TM751 is RF only, which is why you can "control everything (in the shop) from the hand controller". The CM15A sends control codes as PLC over power lines as default. So you may have a distance problem OR a phase problem (my guess). You can try telling the CM15A/ AHP to send RF commands to the shop OR you might need a repeater/coupler in the house to amplify and couple the PLC signal to the phase running to the shop.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 02:55:06 PM »

Hockie
Tuiceman may have forgot something. The TM751 is RF only, which is why you can "control everything (in the shop) from the hand controller". The CM15A sends control codes as PLC over power lines as default. So you may have a distance problem OR a phase problem (my guess). You can try telling the CM15A/ AHP to send RF commands to the shop OR you might need a repeater/coupler in the house to amplify and couple the PLC signal to the phase running to the shop.
Actually Dave the CM15A will automatically send commands RF only to the Housecode that the TM751 is set to ("B" in This Case) IF the TM751 is configured correctly in ActiveHome Pro If the TM751 is set as a any other module other than a tranciever it won't!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 03:02:09 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Ken73

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 11:41:49 AM »

Sorry to bring up an old thread guys..  >*<

But I'm experiencing AHP *not* sending out RF commands to the TM751 for other modules on the same house code. If I press a button on the remote - the device works great - if I click on it from AHP, it sends it out via powerline and never gets to the module.  (I watched in the activity monitor, and according to it, it does not send out RF for the other devices on the same house code.)  For example: I click on L1 (the transceiver) and it will "click" like normal, and I see in the activity monitor that it sent the command via RF. I click on L2 (a lamp module) and AHP sends it out normally (via powerline.)

The TM751 is definitely a TM751 in AHP. I have deleted it and put it back in a couple of times just to see.  Am I missing an option in AHP?  I found the "transceived housecodes" and have "L" turned on - but I have turned it off and experienced the same behavior.

Right now I don't have a lot of modules in use; two wall switches, a lamp module and an appliance module.  The lamp and appliance module work fine, as does one of the wall switches;  but the other wall switch is at the end of this remote line I'm having trouble getting signals to.

Background:

I have a small house with a garage/breezeway/shop attached with about the same amount of sq. ft.  I have the SignaLinc from SmartHome wired into the electrical box (properly) and FilterLinc modules on my three UPS's as well as my TV/stereo setup.  I don't have anything else that would interfere and need a filter. Modules work all over the house just fine; however my shop is wired with new GFCI outlets at the beginning of the string, and appear to block signals (hence my install of a TM751 in my shop.) My CM15A has the "F" connector mod and a neat little "rubber ducky" antenna I found at my local parts house that has an F connector on it; the assembly is placed in my attic via a USB>cat5 extender cable I bought at Fry's. (This seems to work very well!)

Hockie

Actually Dave the CM15A will automatically send commands RF only to the Housecode that the TM751 is set to ("B" in This Case) IF the TM751 is configured correctly in ActiveHome Pro If the TM751 is set as a any other module other than a tranciever it won't!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 01:46:53 PM »

Ken73: I too could never get my CM15A to automatically send out an RF signal for anything other than Unit Code 1 of a TM751 module's house code in AHP. I no longer use any TM751s anymore, but at the time I had to create macros that would send out an RF Command when I wanted to communicate through the TM751.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 06:53:13 PM »

Ken73   Sorry to read AHP and the TM751 aren't working correctly for you!
AHP use to have the TM751 specific module to select it now has transceivers and RF transceivers you must set the TM751 as a RF transceiver!
If as you say it is configured correctly you may have to create smartmacros as Puck did to send RF signals  ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Ken73

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 08:10:27 PM »

Thanks guys, I didn't realize the RF commands were in there - once I found those I was able to send the commands via RF to the TM751. Now I can control the floodlight! It's not exactly ideal but it does give me a workaround.

Unfortunately my remote chime (new!) died on me though.

Now on to the cameras!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.