Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Pro 2000 .... Confusion  (Read 8644 times)

newsecure

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
New Pro 2000 .... Confusion
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:15:07 PM »

I have purchased the X10 package for the Pro 2000 Console with the door/window alarms. It also came with motion sensors and (2) Power horns.  I understand how the door and window sensors work, but what triggers the power horn?? Does the Motion sensor trigger it?? Nothing in any of the documentation tells me.  The only thin I read is something about testing the horn with any X 10 controller by press on/off twice, but the system I purchased does not have any controller except for the console and the key chain remotes.  Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

ahubbar

Re: New Pro 2000 .... Confusion
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 09:03:43 PM »

I am a novice here, but I think the power horn is activated any time an alarm is tripped - either by motion or door sensor. Your security console has a built in X10 controller inside it. The X10 controller built in your security console is activated when an alarm trips. To test your power horn, close all your doors and arm your alarm. Then open a door and the power horn should sound if it is plugged in and set to the proper settings.

father0fseven

• Personal Site
Re: New Pro 2000 .... Confusion
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 11:11:46 AM »

The power horn has to be set to the same code as the security lights (A13 is the default).  When the power horn sees that your security lights start flashing (the On-off-on-off sequence produced by the pro2000) it will start sounding.  So, you should be able to use the "Lights on/Lights off" button to test.

Also, there is usually a small delay between the start of the console siren and the power siren.
Darren Benham, RRT, AE-C

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.