Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Payment methods  (Read 4182 times)

hardknoxfirst

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Payment methods
« on: August 06, 2006, 02:21:32 PM »

It sure would be advantageous for X-10 to accept postal money orders as payment!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Payment methods
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 02:35:10 PM »

It sure would be advantageous for X-10 to accept postal money orders as payment!
Unfortunately postal money orders fall in the same easy to forge category as personal checks and travelers checks. Processing paper payment types (other than cash which you can't do online) costs more than any form of electronic payment.

I would like to see them accept PayPal, however.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 02:46:39 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

junebuzz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Payment methods
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 08:29:07 AM »

You don't want to pay them by paypal, x10 has no idea how paypal works.  I paid for my order a week ago (Aug. 2)  by paypal, and then two days later I started getting emails saying that my order could not be processed because of an invalid credit card (Aug. 4).  But I paid with money that was in my paypal account already no credit card was involved.  So I emailed customer support(Aug. 5) and they email back that everything was okay and that they would sent off the request to the warehouse.  Then later that day I get the same email again stating that I pay with an invalid credit card.  I then email back asking to check the problem again.  I got an email the next day (Aug. 6) stating that they would look into it the next day "when there some other people here who know more about the Paypal".  That was three days ago and when checking the status of my order it still says shipment pending and when I check paypal it says the payment went through fine.  At this point I'm thinking that it would just be best to cancel the order before anything else goes wrong.  After all the problem that I had read about buying from x10 I thought that it couldn't be that bad and my order would go through without a problem and right off the bat I have problems.  So I don't know about any other method of payment but be carefull when ordering with paypal.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.