Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Video Time- Spooky automated house  (Read 17810 times)

zach1234

Video Time- Spooky automated house
« on: July 16, 2008, 10:22:11 PM »

This is got to be the spookyest house in the neighborhood. This is my house. I have the whole exterior automated including the robomower. People see stuff happen but don't see any humans. How would you like to live across the street (I own the house and am renting it out)  ;D.

See a Night vision video: http://homeautomationchat.zoomshare.com/files/Free_Notices/automatedhome.wmv

-Enjoy

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Video Time- Spooky automated house
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 10:49:12 PM »

You are truly warped.   :(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 03:47:14 PM »

You have all those cameras on a house you rent to someone else? I dont think I would live there you might spy on me  rofl or come at 4:30 am and video tape the outside  :'

So what is all automated out side Sprinklers,  mower , anything else. I have looked at the robo mowers but found them pricey for my little yard. Do you like yours?
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

zach1234

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »

That's my House, I have two robomow robotic mowers, both have tracking chips. I am preparing a video for Paradise Robotics. The Sprinklers are automated and lawn mower is automated, snow removal is automated too. The mower cuts the lawn every morning at 2:00am, sprinklers come on at 3:30 and turn off at 4:30am. Visitors go threw a computer access, say there name the computer asks us if I want to tell then I am home or not. I have only 16 cameras. I have a camera in every room of the house, some rooms have 2. I own the house across the street and the house on the left of mine. I don't rent them its a joke. I use them for storage. Lights and the fountain is automated.

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 04:06:25 PM »

So I take it that the mowers arn't loud since they go on everyday at 2 in the morning.....remind me never to move  near you oh wait I can't you own 2 of the houses.  :'

How do you automate your snow removal?  you say only 16 camera thats alot to me. lol I only have 4 but all is out side.
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

zach1234

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 04:17:17 PM »

I have 16 outside, I live in a gated comunity so STRICT rules, inface I could be fined for watering before 6am and after 12pm, and mowing is only allowed on Mondays between 12pm and 4pm. 

Here's a day time video: http://homeautomationchat.zoomshare.com/files/Daytime_iMovie.wmv

NOTE: the new intercom. The fountain is off because it is 90+ Degrees and to avoid water evaporation. The fountain has a auto fill.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 04:19:43 PM by Paradise Automation X10 Installer »

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 05:16:02 PM »

...The mower cuts the lawn every morning at 2:00am, sprinklers come on at 3:30 and turn off at 4:30am....

...I live in a gated comunity so STRICT rules, inface I could be fined for watering before 6am and after 12pm, and mowing is only allowed on Mondays between 12pm and 4pm....
I'm confused! You have your mower and sprinkler times set so you can get a fine?
Also what kind of community only lets you mow during 4 hours out of the week. during a time most people are working? Suppose it's raining then. Do you have to wait till next week to mow?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 05:17:55 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

zach1234

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 05:21:06 PM »

Exactly, I like to break the rules its only a $75 fine, Max $500.00 you know. They will schedule a rain day. Most of the houses are 800K to 2Million, so we all have lawn care service or in my case a robot. The guard said "why cant you mow during the rain.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 05:59:39 PM »

...we all have lawn care service or in my case a robot....
Makes it kinda hard for any lawn service to have a monopoly in the neighborhood as there is only so many lawns that yo can mow in a 4hr time slot.
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 07:50:12 PM »

I don't think I would own a 800k to 2mil house that I have rules to when I can mow or water. Plus you said before you own 3 houses in there you got robo mowers on all lots or is safe to say we know what you do on Mondays lol. I'm up that way all the time in eldgin for work its a nice area. Why you need so much security in a gated community  has something happened?

I own the house across the street and the house on the left of mine. I don't rent them its a joke. I use them for storage.

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 02:40:45 AM »

...Why you need so much security in a gated community?...
I'm surprised that a community that regulates when you can use your hose or move your lawn doesn't regulate where you mount and when you can use a camera on your house.
Do they tell you when and what you can plant also? The color/type of mailbox you have? The hours that you can use outdoor lights? Do they have a community bedtime also? Far too restrictive an environment for me.

s0urc3f0ur

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 12:57:14 PM »

Do they have a community bedtime also? Far too restrictive an environment for me.

A community bedtime doesn't sound all that bad.. It would alieviate the bass bumping that goes on in my neighborhood  throughout the night. ;D ;)
X10 has brought me closer to my inner geek! But it has aslo made my wife look at me funny!

zach1234

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 04:30:21 PM »

we have a mail box by the "entrance" area. You have to have a permit to install CCTV same with the lighting. you can plant what ever you want, if you have a permit, fountain in is allowed if you have a permit. There is a quiet time, so you cant have a all night party. I have the cameras because theft dose happen all over, there are no physcal gates, but its stated a "private community, resdents only". Guess I wasn't to clear. I love the place where I live, and would never sell.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 05:10:21 PM by Paradise Automation X10 Installer »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.