Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Overcoming motion sensor delays  (Read 4249 times)

Seeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Overcoming motion sensor delays
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:46:52 PM »

Another newbie in need of help!

I've created a smart macro to take a series of snapshots when the motion sensor is triggered.  This (usually) works, but there appears to be a time delay of about one minute before the snapshot is taken.  This is more than enough time for a person to clear the coverage area of the camera.

The camera is an XX16A and the motion sensor is an MS16A.  The camera is set to B3 and the sensor to A3.

Any idea how to shorten the lag time?  Thanks.

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Overcoming motion sensor delays
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 04:51:42 PM »

I have seen the same problem. There is a substantial latency between motion detection and the recording of the snapshots. I am using barebone macros for the snapshots but still by the time the snapshot is taken the subject triggering the motion has moved off. My chances of capturing the snapshot within the right time interval remains 50-50 at best. My guess is that the delay is in turning on the camera and then invoking the PC-based program to take the snapshot.

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

I have the same problem.  I've been trying to solve the problem by moving the motion sensors further out to give more time for the cameras to initiate.  However, by moving the motion sensors further out I lost RF range so I purchased and installed  RR501 transceivers.  This seems to work well, but I'm having some noise problems that I need to fix.  So I'm looking at putting in some filters.

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 10:58:04 PM »

I had to do the same thing. I have two RR501 units - one each for motion sensors in the front and back of the house. I still have not come up with an optimal setup.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.