Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MyHouse Online crashes when I try to connect to the video...  (Read 8236 times)

lrab451

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MyHouse Online crashes when I try to connect to the video...
« on: August 01, 2006, 11:48:16 PM »

Alright so I have the main "server" running downstairs and I connect it so that remote users can connect. I go to the computer upstairs to try and connect. Everything goes smoothly and I am connected. I can play around with the light switch and that works because i hear the clicking.

Here is where the problem is, when I try and click on the cam to check out the video, the status on the computer says video connected but video never shows up. So i go downstairs to the main "server" and the program has crashed and is no longer shown. as if it turned off by itself.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: MyHouse Online crashes when I try to connect to the video...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 09:35:44 PM »

lrab451 There are a couple of things that may be causing this:
[li] this one I noticed in beta testing: If you have a router you have to play with the port forwarding and filtering having the othe pc at home speeds up finding just exactly what you need to change[/li]
[li]a window file may not be the up to date one which is required! When the PC  states " AHP has encounter a problem...." click on info and note the file names the errors repond to then read this post[/li]
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hocuspocus

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 01:59:40 PM »

I have the same issue when I add the Sentinel Camera and try to access it on-line.  Delete your problem camera from AHP and then try using a camera similar to yours in the software.  I had to use the Vangaard camera to make my Sentinel camera function.  I do not know what is different, but I can at least move the camera around on-line but I cannot use any of the presets.

iV

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • Me, since i'm working with X10 products :)
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 01:14:18 PM »

I had the same problem and i solved it.

My problem was coming my video cards. I had An ATI card, and the driver was confliting with Iwitness and myhouse. So, i've remove the ATI drivers and get back with the one from windows than VOILA !!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.