Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using A Macro to turn on a Light  (Read 4559 times)

DragonDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Using A Macro to turn on a Light
« on: August 19, 2006, 02:17:30 PM »

Hi,
Have tried this a few different ways, but, it doesn't work the way I thought it would.  I have a Motion sensor set to A1, and the lamp (in the carport) also set to A1. Both of these are in the carport.  I want the lamp to go on, when it is dark outside, and motion is detected by the motion sensor, and then to have the light stay on for 10 minutes, and then shut off.  And, if possible to have the lamp in the office (off the carport) set to A2, come on 1 minute later than the outside light, also stay on for 10 minutes, then shut off also.
Is this a workable routine?  And, how do I go about setting this up?  Thank you very much, you all are very helpful on this board...and I really appreciate it. 

Thanks,  DD

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Using A Macro to turn on a Light
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 06:30:53 PM »

You should not have the motion sensor address the same as the modules address. Like if A1 triggers the macro have the light maybe on A10. Many may say use a different House Code for the trigger from the controlled device. Second problam in your setup. Most of the motion sensors also have a Dusk Dawn sensor. It sends an On and Off at dusk and dawn and it one address above the motion sensors address. So in your setup the Dusk dawn Sensor is on the office modules address. One more question is House Code A also set to be tranceived in the hardware setup area? Then the motion sensors would directly turn on and off the lights with no macros involved.

froggy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Using A Macro to turn on a Light
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 02:52:51 PM »

I use an MS16A motion sensor for the first part of your example.  The sensor can be set to detect motion only after Dusk.  It automatically sends an off code at a settable time later.  Included instructions tell you how to change the turn off delay.  I use C1 for the sensor and C1 for a transceiver controlled outlet.  Make sure the allowed transceiver codes include house code "C".  You could also use C1 to trigger a macro to control  your office light.  Include a one minute delay in the macro before sending an ON command to a different module code(i.e. C2) for the office light.  Follow that command with an appropriate delay in the macro before sending an OFF code command to C2.  I believe this set up will provide the effect you want.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.