Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Camera setup.  (Read 6084 times)

orca

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Camera setup.
« on: August 20, 2006, 10:41:16 PM »

Hi again;

Thanks for all your help with the big house.

When I purchased all those switches I also bought a BW camera for use at the front door.

I have asked the sales people, the support people (not Pro), etc., for installation instructions and nobody seems to have them.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find instructions on how to set up a camera so when someone comes to the door the bell rings and the camera sends the picture to all the televisions in the house?

Make it a GREAT day.

Bill (Orca) Cook

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Camera setup.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 03:34:36 PM »

With AHP, SmartMacros and the Iwitness plugings the task is easy, you'll need a motion sensor to mount near the cam you wish to do this with and a video receiver for each TV you wish to display to. Have you looked at the x10 knowledge base ? I believe the were instructions there! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jawaid

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 06:04:04 PM »

Orca, this is fairly simple task. You may even be able to that without the AHP and other plugins. Set the motion sensor address to the camera address. You will also need a TM751 transeiver to listen for the motion sensor. (Am I right, Tuicemen? Or can it be done without TM751?). For each TV where you want the camera image to be displayed you will need a receiver. The distance between the camera and the video receiver can be a problem. Try it with the closest TV and go from there.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 06:39:58 PM »

(Am I right, Tuicemen? Or can it be done without TM751.
It depends, since the post was in the AHP/smartmacros section I assume Bill has a CM15A so the TM751 shouldn't be needed!
Regardless a transceiver of some sort is needed.
if orca only has the AHP it still can be done with out the other plugins perhaps if more info was supplied (eg: hardware/software in possesion)
some one could explain away to do it without the need for any more added expense or as little as possible
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.