Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: WAF Factor of Upgrade From CM11A to CM15A is *VERY* LOW - (P.S. Me Too!)  (Read 51984 times)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!

[NOTE: I hesitated a few days before posting these notes because I was just recently promoted to "Community Organizer" and I worried about a "Conflict of Interest". But, after some serious 'internal' deliberation, I decided that (since I'm not an X10 Employee) it was for the good of the entire X10 Community that I post my discoveries.]

You CM15A "Old-Timers", *PLEASE* correct any of my misconceptions! :)

The following are my NotePad notes as I was upgrading from ActiveHome CM11A to ActiveHome Pro CM15A:

(FYI, I've been an X10 User for ~30 years! ActiveHome/CM11A User for ~?10? years!)

Install software *BEFORE* connecting USB Cable:

• Download software *ONLY* downloads SETUP.EXE
  • Download *EXPECTS* CM15A to be "ready-to-connect" in the MIDDLE of the install whereas the INSTRUCTIONS state *ONLY* to load the software *BEFORE* installing the hardware

IMPORT ActiveHome [CM11A] .X10 and .MAC files not in HELP - "File OPEN" ???

• Need FUNCTION to DRAG-N-DROP Rooms - (Rearrange order after creation)
  • Need FUNCTION to MOVE Modules & Macros from Room A to Room B - "DELETE" ???
  • LM15A doesn't 'convert'
  • 6381 doesn't 'convert'
  • 6383 doesn't 'convert'
  • PR511 - Need 'MODULE TYPE' for UC+1|2|3|4 (Motion Sensor w/o Toggle)
  • PR511 - Need 'MODULE TYPE' for UC+5|6|7|8 (Photocell w/o Toggle)

MACROS IMPORTED from AH v1.32:

• MACROS: WS467 translated w/o Bright/Dim (like a LM15A)
  • MACROS: LM15A translated w/ Bright/Dim (like a WS467)
  • MACROS: Bright/Dim needs ON/OFF 100%/0% ENDPOINTS
  • MACROS: Bright/Dim - when MOUSE is over Slider (finger appears), activate Left/Right Arrow Keys for micro-movement
  • MACROS: Adding a WS467 in a macro with existing WS467s set to 0% causes the Yellow Bright/Dim Triangle to go to 100% in the WS467 beneath it, while the numeric display remains at 0%
  • MACROS: Moving a WS467 in a macro set to 0% causes the Yellow Bright/Dim Triangle to go to 100%, while the numeric display remains at 0%
  • MACROS: 2nd occurance of SL575 after Delay has NO CONTROLS
  • MACROS: AH Dim/Relative -30% translated as AHP Dim -70% :( [Dim by...]
  • MACROS: AH Dim/Absolute 45% translated as AHP Set Absolute 45% :) [Brighten to 100%, then Dim by...]
  • MACROS: AH Brighten/Relative +3% translated as AHP Brighten +3% :) [Brighten by...]
  • MACROS: Modules after Delay MISSING (random)
  • MACROS: When Trigger = ON, LM15A Modules that were ON in AH are OFF in AHP
  • MACROS: When dragging a Module and a Scroll Bar exists, touching either the TOP or BOTTOM horizontal boundaries should trigger a CONSTANT SCROLL in that direction
  • MACROS: When a Scroll Bar exists, holding the Mouse over it should active the Mouse Wheel
  • MACROS: Adding/Changing a Delay does NOT update the CUMMULATIVE Delay until you EXIT and Re-Enter the Macro. Need to add a RECALCULATE DELAY Button
  • MACROS: AH has Fast & Standard; AHP *ONLY* has Fast? :(
  • MACROS: All AH Fast Macros translated as AHP "Run from PC"

MACROS: EDITING DELAYS -

Quote from:  From Help
A macro can have a total delay time of 3 hours. This means the last even in a macro can be no longer than 3 hours after the start of the macro.

Quote from:  From Program Popup Error Box
The total delay time for a single macro must not exceed 4 and half hours. Please adjust the delay values to be within this range.

Imported AH Standard Macro(s) [5 Hours and 12 Hours]:

• Clicking the DOWN ARROW in the Delay Step has no effect (the above Error Box just re-appears)
  • Manually editing the Delay Amount in the  Delay Step has no effect (the above Error Box just re-appears)
  • Deleting the Delay Step(s) and adding one new Delay Step [00:05:00] has no effect (the above Error Box just re-appears)
  • Deleting all the Delay Steps and then EXITing and Re-Entering the Macro has no effect (the above Error Box just re-appears)

Imported AH Fast Macro [4 Hours]:

• Existing Delays were 00:01:00 and 03:59:00. Attempting to change 00:01:00 to 00:00:10, using either DOWN ARROW or manual editing the value  has no effect (the above Error Box just re-appears)

Misc:

• MACROS: 'Duplicate Step' is handy. :)
  • ACTIVITY MONITOR: Activate Mouse Scroll Wheel all the time - it's READ-ONLY anyway!
  • TIMER DESIGNER: AH Timers with AM and PM translated as all AM in AHP; PM settings all incorrect by 12 hours.
  • TIMER DESIGNER: AH Timers with Special/Freeze translated as AHP Enabled.
  • TIMER DESIGNER: Whether PREFERENCES/Display Time in 24 Hour Format is ON or OFF, no AM/PM indicator appears in Timer Designer
  • TIMER DESIGNER: ON TIME/OFF TIME Edits don't update summary unless a Day Checkbox is changed and restored
  • TIMER DESIGNER: AH Timer for Macro M8 ON
     'All A/C On' translated into AHP correctly (except for the AM/PM problem listed above).
  • TIMER DESIGNER: AH Timer for Macro M8 OFF 'All A/C Off' translated into AHP incorrectly - besides the AM/PM problem listed above, the Timer Name on the Left 'Timers' section incorrectly displays 'All A/C On ON at...', while the Lower Right 'Timer Designer' section correctly displays 'Presets for All A/C Off' and the Upper Right 'Room' section correctly displays M8 ON 'All A/C On' and M8 OFF 'All A/C Off
  • TIMER DESIGNER: When a Macro is setup with a Timer and 'Stored in the Interface', why is the 'Repeat' Box Grey and what controls whether it's Enabled or Disabled?
  • MAIN SCREEN/LEFT WINDOW: All the DOUBLE ARROWS and their corresponding MOUSEOVER Balloon Popup Windows are BACKWARDS! ROOMS / MODULES / MACROS are one way and TIMERS are the opposite -
    • - ROOMS / MODULES / MACROS: When nothing is displayed, the DOUBLE ARROW points DOWN (correct) and the Balloon Popup says "Click to hide the listed items" (incorrect). When the items are displayed, the DOUBLE ARROW points UP (correct) and the Balloon Popup Says "Click to show the listed items" (incorrect).
    • - TIMERS: When nothing is displayed, the DOUBLE ARROW points UP (incorrect) and the Balloon Popup Says "Click to show the listed items" (correct). When the items are displayed, the DOUBLE ARROW points DOWN (incorrect) and the Balloon Popup says "Click to hide the listed items" (correct).
  • HARDWARE CONFIGURATION: Memory Usage *ONLY* updates *AFTER* you 'Download Timers and Macros', therefore it DOESN'T reflect what the current . It DOESN'T clear when you 'Clear Interface Memory'

Where is TOOLS -> STATISTICS -> VERIFY?? (from AH)

BATTERY-POWERED MOTION DETECTORS: AH displays "Motion Detected / No Motion"; AHP DOESN'T display anything!

WOW! I feel like an "Alpha Tester"! How long has this software been out?!?  :o  :-[

I'll gladly exchange all the (unnecessary / pushy) "Buy Online / Order Direct " code for less BUGs!!! ;)

P.S. To you "Newbies" - this post should *CERTAINLY* prove to you that 'at least some '  "Community Organizers" are in NO WAY associated with X10 Staff! ;) (although, I feel relatively confident to say that, most of us just *LOVE* X10 dearly! :) )

P.P.S. Tuicemen, tell the folks HOW LONG it takes to format something like this!?!  :o
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:50:56 PM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!

A couple of hours ago, *WHILE* I was still entering and formatting my 'AH CM11A to AHP CM15A Review', my *DEAR* wife (of ?32? years - you all already know how bad I am with dates!  :-[ ) was BANGING on the floor and SCREAMING:

"WHY ARE ALL THE LIGHTS AND THE A/C ON?!? THEY WOKE ME UP!!!"[/color]

Husband Translation: WTH are you doing down there you STUPID IDIOT!!!  :o

My Reply: I don't know HONEY - I'll check it out!  ???

My Translation: WTH is this AHP v3.204 software doing?!?   >:(

GEEZ, the old CM11A v1.32 software was working just *FINE* for *YEARS*! - I *REALLY* don't need this WAF Grief right now!  :o  >:(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:44:33 PM by TakeTheActive »

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat

It's just possible you picked the wrong year to upgrade to AHP.

AHP less all the bugs would be a super piece of software and it's going to take some time to work them out. I would like to see X10 put out upgrades a bit more often in an effort to correct all the problems. Until then I use it for 1 or 2 complex macros and leave all the other stuff up to mControl to take care of.

I think you will find that when you do get things working good and consistant... going in and adding or changing something will mess up how other things were working and you have to start over. Its like you have another full time job just keeping the software doing what you want it to do. (My wife fixed the light coming on in the middle of the night problem. She unscrewed the bulb.)
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68

When I upgraded to AHP last July, the Setup of AHP was fast and easy, and it imported all my .x10 files from Active Home without any problem.  When the the timers were uploaded to the CM15A, everything ran the same way they did in AH.

My only problem was that the FedEx driver (apparently a contractor, not a FedEx employee) decided not to deliver my order when X10 said it would arrive. I called Customer Service with my order number, they put in a tracer and said that according to FedEx, it was delivered.  They were ready to re-send the order when on the following Monday, a package from X10 USA was sitting on my porch. Apparently the driver decided not to work the previous Friday.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10

...Apparently the driver decided not to work the previous Friday.
They don't have substitute drivers?
What lousy service.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139

[NOTE: , I decided that (since I'm not an X10 Employee) it was for the good of the entire X10 Community that I post my discoveries.]

P.S. To you "Newbies" - this post should *CERTAINLY* prove to you that 'at least some '  "Community Organizers" are in NO WAY associated with X10 Staff! ;) (although, I feel relatively confident to say that, most of us just *LOVE* X10 dearly! :) )

P.P.S. Tuicemen, tell the folks HOW LONG it takes to format something like this!?!  :o

TakeTheActive

Don't try and kid us, you work for X10 as their web page designer... ;)
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41

TakeTheActive

Looks like you will be busy for a while.  ;D
I did not have any of your problems when going from AH to AHP. When I switched over I just started over from scratch.  :) As I got AHP when it first came out I am not sure it originally had the capability to import the old AH files or at least if it did I was not aware of it.

Need FUNCTION to MOVE Modules & Macros from Room A to Room B 

You can simply drag modules from one room to another.

Have fun,

Jim

_ _ ...  ..._ _

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10

You can simply drag modules from one room to another....
I wish you could sort by HC as well as Room. Sometimes I like to review everything I have on a particular HC.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41

Steve,

I wish you could sort by HC as well as Room. Sometimes I like to review everything I have on a particular HC.

In the reports option you can view by house code. I believe it is near the bottom of the general report.

Jim
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

Unfortunately I never owned a CM11A(I was about to order one when this can out so I move straight to AHP from the firecracker!)
P.P.S. Tuicemen, tell the folks HOW LONG it takes to format something like this!?!

Unfortunately moving info from one program to another (AH to AHP) can be a chore, even at the best of times! ::) ;)
I always stated that the users that had the most problems with the conversion were POWER users. And You are One! ;) :D ;D
Dan is not!
When I upgraded to AHP last July, the Setup of AHP was fast and easy, and it imported all my .x10 files from Active Home without any problem
( he doesn't use any pluggins or didn't)
So Unfortunately I can't give you a Time frame as to how long it will take to format something like this!
best thing I found was go slow else suffer  from the WAF ::) ;) :D ;D or wait until she out of the house! ;)
We All suffered for this in one form or another setting this up![/color]
ps. Just A thought did you install all pluggins before trying to convert or affter!(it may have made a difference) ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: WAF Factor of Upgrade From CM11A to CM15A is *VERY* LOW - (P.S. Me Too!)
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 08:54:29 PM »

You are correct. I have ZERO plug-ins, as I don't have any need for fancy macros, cameras or the like.  I live in a 1928 frame house in a good neighborhood in Baltimore. I have a PR511 floodlight in front and every exterior door is double deadbolt locked, so cameras will not be needed or useful. X10 for me is a tool, and not a "bells & whstles" toy.  What I have does for me (and my wife) what we want.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 05:51:41 PM »

It's just possible you picked the wrong year to upgrade to AHP...

Wrong year? Didn't it come out >2 years ago?  ???

Some of the BUGs that I listed in my OP are simple little NITS that QA should have caught in Version 1.0.0. :(

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 05:53:32 PM »

TakeTheActive

Don't try and kid us, you work for X10 as their web page designer... ;)

Don't forget my trusty sidekick Tuicemen;)

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 06:07:27 PM »

TakeTheActive

Looks like you will be busy for a while.  ;D

Certainly does!  ::)

You can simply drag modules from one room to another.

I was referring to MASS MOVE - i.e. under 'ROOMS', right-CLICK on a Room; you'll see RENAME Room and DELETE Room. *BUT*, if you click on DELETE Room, you'll now get the option to MOVE Room A (*ALL* Modules and Macros - BAM - ONE SHOT) to Room B.

The point of my NOTE (with the DELETE at the end) was to indicate how UNINTUITIVE it is. ;)

...I did not have any of your problems when going from AH to AHP. When I switched over I just started over from scratch.  :)

Well, at least I didn't have any trouble with the FedEx driver!  :D

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 06:25:22 PM »

P.P.S. Tuicemen, tell the folks HOW LONG it takes to format something like this!?!

Unfortunately moving info from one program to another (AH to AHP) can be a chore, even at the best of times! ::) ;)

So Unfortunately I can't give you a Time frame as to how long it will take to format something like this!
[/b]

I was referring to the time it took me to format my NOTES, not setup AHP.  :o ;)

I always stated that the users that had the most problems with the conversion were POWER users. And You are One! ;) :D ;D
Dan is not! ( he doesn't use any pluggins or didn't)

ps. Just A thought did you install all pluggins before trying to convert or affter!(it may have made a difference) ::)

" And You are One! " - NOT ME!  :-[

• No plug-ins
  • No cameras
  • Didn't even REGISTER it yet because I read about the crazy LIMIT COUNTER!  >:(

NOPE - You, dear sir, are the POWER USER!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:57:45 PM by TakeTheActive »

Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.