Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WAF Factor of Upgrade From CM11A to CM15A is *VERY* LOW - (P.S. Me Too!)  (Read 51996 times)

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: WAF Factor of Upgrade From CM11A to CM15A is *VERY* LOW - (P.S. Me Too!)
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 11:00:16 PM »

Although I *DO* appreciate all the "condolences" posted, this *REALLY* isn't (or at least *SHOULDN'T* BE) a funeral (for the CM15A)!  :o

The *ENTIRE* point of my OP was to LOGICALLY LIST, IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER, MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WHILE UPGRADING FROM AH CM11A to AHP CM15A.

(Just as if I was doing QA at a job site.)

Am I the *ONLY* person, in the 2+ years since this product was released, to have discovered *THESE* BUGS?!?  :o ??? [I sincerely doubt it!  :P]

As soon as I noticed that "Things weren't going exactly as (I felt) they should (at this point in the development cycle) ", I began taking NOTEs.

I *HONESTLY* don't know WTH is going on at X10 these past few years, but I *CERTAINLY* wish to DO MY BEST TO HELP THEM OUT!!! (if only they'd let me, that is...  :( )

Does anyone else wish to join me???  ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:55:44 PM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 07:08:10 AM »

TTA  My comment about picking the wrong year to upgrade refers to if you would have waited to next year the software would work better and have less bugs.

As far as a funeral for the CM15A, I don't think its that bad of a piece of hardware. It has some RF issues but i don't use it for RF, I have a dedicated receiver that works well for any RF within a 150' radius around it and all of X10 remotes reach it.

I transfered off of AHP all my simple tasks and moved them to another program. I only have a couple of complex macros running on AHP now and they have been running reliably for me. Prior to that everything worked and if I made a change or added something to AHP I had to start the battle all over again to get everything working again.

One day I will go back to using only AHP I'm sure because I like the software. And I'm sure it will get better. But until then I will use AHP for some of my macros and my other software for the other tasks. Both work well running together and talking to the CM15A at the same time.

Whats being controlled.
Controller - CM15A
RF Handled by - V572AB
5 - HR12A Palm-Pad Remote
4 - KR19A-HA Pocket Remotes
5 - Stick-On RF Wall Switches
2 - MS14A Motion Sensors
2 - MS16A Motion Sensors
1 - MS13A Motion Sensor
3 - LM15A Rocket Sockets
1 - SL575 Screw in Lamp Module
2 - WS12A Switch
1 - WS467 Switch
1 - LM14A 2-Way Lamp Module
3 - AM486 Appliance Module
5 - LM465 Light Modules
2 - UM506 Universal Modules
1 - 4826B Coupler/Repeater - Not used because it messes up stuff.
1 - 15 amp filter
3 - 10 amp filters
1 - Dummy (fake) Camara I got on sale at Radio Shack. $9.98 They tried very hard to get me to buy an extended warranty for a camara that was built not to work.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 03:59:10 PM »

Although I *DO* appreciate all the "condolences" posted, this *REALLY* isn't (or at least *SHOULDN'T* BE) a funeral (for the CM15A)!  :o

The *ENTIRE* point of my OP was to LOGICALLY LIST, IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER, MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WHILE UPGRADING FROM AH CM11A to AHP CM15A.

(Just as if I was doing QA at a job site.)

Am I the *ONLY* person, in the 2+ years since this product was released, to have discovered *THESE* BUGS?!?  :o ??? [I sincerely doubt it!  :P]

As soon as I noticed that "Things weren't going exactly as (I felt) they should (at this point in the development cycle) ", I began taking NOTEs.

I *HONESTLY* don't know WTH is going on at X10 these past few years, but I *CERTAINLY* wish to DO MY BEST TO HELP THEM OUT!!! (if only they'd let me, that is...  :( )

Does anyone else wish to join me???  ;D
It's too bad the beta Posts were not available for everyone to read!
I beta tested all the pluggins to date and Your findings were posted and were posted on the old board( to bad so many posts from there were lost!)
I've been trying!(x10 seems to have selective reading with some bug reports>:( :( ::) :'(

By "POWER USERS" I was referring to the amount of X10 Hardware devices in use (you do have a lot more than me)

You many Not be a AHP ]"POWER USER"[/size] but you were a Active Home (CM11A) one! ;)

I Don't think of myself as a "POWER USER" But I'd like to be! ;) :D ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 05:41:02 PM »

I can appreciate how Take The Active feels about his conversion from the CM11A to the CM15A.  I did the conversion shortly after AHP came out and quickly discovered that I liked AHP very much but the legacy conversion routine was at least two short of a six pack.  After a half hour of diddling around with the results of the conversion I realized that I didn't want the patched up macro routines anyway and simply used the results of the conversion as placemarkers while I wrote brand new macros in AHP for all of them. I'm very sure it took me much less time overall then it would have to try and patch the converted ones. I have been extremely satisfied with the program ever since!
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.