Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Installing XPS3 (help)  (Read 8870 times)

triplet

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Installing XPS3 (help)
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 12:24:45 AM »

I am posting to this thread since it seems relevant and someone else who has my same problem may find this helpful along the way.

Scenario:
I have an XPS3 that needs to be installed to control florescent lights with a slave switch.  I have a few spare WS14A decor companion switches, so I am trying to use that.  Please confirm that is ok or what part I need.

My wires on both ends of the three-way are black, white, and red.  Black is my hot wire, white is my neutral, and red is my control (all tested and confirmed).

From what I read here, it seems I need two sets of wires (black, white, red) at my control switch and one set of (black, white red) at the slave.  I don't have this, I only have what I listed above.

In case it matters, at both ends of the three-way there are multiple switches in each box.

Please tell me how to wire this thing up right.  I'm losing my mind.  An hour of reading has gotten me know where.  I appreciate any help I can get, and I appreciate you for taking the time to read this.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Installing XPS3 (help)
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 12:35:47 PM »

Based on your description of what color wires are present in your switch boxes, are you positive the white is neutral and the black is hot?  Unscrew the light bulb and remeasure.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.