Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hawkeye II Motion Sensor Turning on Socket Rocket  (Read 4796 times)

skadoo323

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Hawkeye II Motion Sensor Turning on Socket Rocket
« on: August 31, 2006, 11:22:31 PM »

Hi everyone. I am just getting into all this x10 stuff with my first house. I have the USB receiver (CM19) which is going to a PC that has my ActiveHome software. I do have the smart macro components as well. I'd like to have my Hawkeye II Motion Sensor (A1) to trigger my SocketRocket (A2) which is a light outside of the house. For this I am thinking I should create a macro. Thus I have A2 as the trigger A1, both have the "on" radio button selected. I will have the sensor only work at night (it has a built in option for this). Am I on the correct path or is there a better/more efficient way of performing this. Also once the motion sensor turns off after its set delay time, will the light turn of as well or is another macro needed? Thanks in advance.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Hawkeye II Motion Sensor Turning on Socket Rocket
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 12:34:47 AM »

Hi everyone. I am just getting into all this x10 stuff with my first house. I have the USB receiver (CM19) which is going to a PC that has my ActiveHome software. I do have the smart macro components as well. I'd like to have my Hawkeye II Motion Sensor (A1) to trigger my SocketRocket (A2) which is a light outside of the house. For this I am thinking I should create a macro. Thus I have A2 as the trigger A1, both have the "on" radio button selected. I will have the sensor only work at night (it has a built in option for this). Am I on the correct path or is there a better/more efficient way of performing this. Also once the motion sensor turns off after its set delay time, will the light turn of as well or is another macro needed? Thanks in advance.

Did you really mean to say you have the CM15A interface comnnected to a PC running the ActiveHome PRO software?

If so, then you don't need a macro.
   In ActiveHome Pro  Tools>Hardware configuration, check the box to transceive housecode A.
   Set the Houscode/Unit of the Motion Sensor to A2 to match your SocketRocket address and set it to work only at night.

Then when motion is detected, an A2  ON RF signal will be transmitted by the Motion Detector, transceived by the CM15A interface to the A1 ON powerline signal, and the SocketRocket will turn On.  After the Motion Detector delay time, the process will be repeated with A2 OFF signals and the SocketRocket will turn Off.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

skadoo323

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 09:36:43 AM »

Sorry it is a cm15a...but thanks this sounds great! I will give it a shot. I was thinking a macro would have been needed, but what you posted does make sense. Thanks again!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 11:16:01 AM »

Hi everyone. I am just getting into all this x10 stuff with my first house. I have the USB receiver (CM19) which is going to a PC that has my ActiveHome software. I do have the smart macro components as well. I'd like to have my Hawkeye II Motion Sensor (A1) to trigger my SocketRocket (A2) which is a light outside of the house...

Hi!

Since you're BRAND-SPANKING NEW to X10 (and your first house - congratulations! :) ), give these LINKs a read before you set up too much "stuff":  ;)

Have fun! :)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 12:38:35 PM »

Sorry it is a cm15a...but thanks this sounds great! I will give it a shot. I was thinking a macro would have been needed, but what you posted does make sense. Thanks again!

One possible problem is that the CM15A is not noted for its RF receiving range, so may need to be located fairly near the motion detector.  (And it doesn't help that the motion detector and CM15A will be separated by the wall of your house.)

If this is impractical, you might consider getting a TM751 Transceiver and using it in place of the CM15A for this particular transceiving function.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 04:17:04 PM »

If you need a transponder, I suggest the RR501, it's a more robust unit.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 04:18:44 PM »

Watch out for A2 as many motion sensors sent a Dusk On and  Dawn Off command on the next highest address. So an A1 motion address means a A2 Dusk Dawn event. If the CM15A transceive the house code A. The Socket Rocket may turn on at dusk and off at dawn.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.