Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Programming the Pro2000  (Read 24191 times)

father0fseven

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • Personal Site
Programming the Pro2000
« on: September 01, 2006, 11:18:17 AM »

Has anybody had any luck programming the Pro2000 security console?  Has anyone had any luck after having trouble?

I am having a heck of a time.  After two days, I finally got my modem and the Pro2000 modem to "connect" but then the pro2000 software comes back saying the connection failed.

I've tried this on two different modems, a builtin modem to my laptop and an internal modem in my desktop.

I've tried calling Technical Support.  They told me they don't support the Pro2000 since they don't make it.  They only sell it under contract with Orca and directed me to call Orca.  Orca says that X10 *does* make the hardware and they won't support anyone who isn't under a monitoring contract and sent me back to X10.

Since x10 can't/won't support their product, I'm hoping someone in the community will be able to help.
Darren Benham, RRT, AE-C

father0fseven

• Personal Site
More on Programming the Pro2000
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 03:35:50 PM »

I just got off the phone with "X10pro" in Tampa Florida.  I don't know if they're the same company as x10.com or not.  They tech support guy told me to call X10 since that's where I bought it.  When I told him my story, his response was, "They sold it to you and don't know how to use it?  Why did you buy it?"   Anyway, he took pity and told me that "Basicly, you must have a US Robotics external modem to program the Pro2000.  Otherwise, you'll beat your head against the wall trying to find the right init string until you give up."  Which describes, basicly, what I've been doing.

That being said, what I'd like to know now, is... does anyone use the Pro2000 without monitoring?  Do they program it?  Do they program it with anything other than a US Robotics external modem?  What init string do they use? 
Darren Benham, RRT, AE-C

pcbugdoc

• PC Bug Doc
Re: Programming the Pro2000
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 03:28:11 AM »

Hi, there is a document that has all the answers to your questions regarding pro2000 and configuration of it here --> http://www.x10pro.com/pro/soft/proware2000.pdf. credit to tom j for tracking down this vital piece of info.

By the way, a usr ext modem is not a requirement. Any external modem should work provided that you get the correct string inputed. The modem must be set to 300bps. You can read about it in the pdf file.
X10 Contractor - Washington
http://www.pcbugdoc.com <-- X10 & X10 Pro Sales & Service!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 10:03:25 PM »

Has anybody had any luck programming the Pro2000 security console?  Has anyone had any luck after having trouble?

I am having a heck of a time.  After two days, I finally got my modem and the Pro2000 modem to "connect" but then the pro2000 software comes back saying the connection failed.

I've tried this on two different modems, a builtin modem to my laptop and an internal modem in my desktop.

I've tried calling Technical Support.  They told me they don't support the Pro2000 since they don't make it.  They only sell it under contract with Orca and directed me to call Orca.  Orca says that X10 *does* make the hardware and they won't support anyone who isn't under a monitoring contract and sent me back to X10.

Since x10 can't/won't support their product, I'm hoping someone in the community will be able to help.

Been there done that, Don't even wast your time! Orca x10's own monitoring company said that the they, they could not even program the 2000 and that it was defective, an unnamed  source from x10 told me that this thing should never have been advertised the way it was and that the unit was defective. If you want Orca to provide monitoring they will if requested provide you a free mailer to return it to x10 and will ship you free of charge a Monitor Plus see link below. But it's feudal trying to program the 2000 if Orca can't even program it well.....    ???  :-

Tcj

http://www.x10.com/security/dc821_s_ps99.html
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 10:12:42 PM by tom j »

TrialandError

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 08:19:35 PM »

I purchased my setup on10/8/2006 and it is still a big question mark after 18 days. First I had problems with communicating this unit with the modem in my laptop. I got this worked out and it communicates with my modem but not as it is described in my installers guide.
PS2000 per instruction of the installerguide: page 20. Set the console to RUN mode and press the Monitor button. Wait 5 seconds then click on Download.The status line will show a series of options being downloaded to the console and the console will chime after a succesfull download. Here is my experience: The console shows only 2 messages. It start with "Sending answer string" and after a while  "Modem Reset" and then nothing happens the Console does not Chime I have reported before that the console does not Chime nor Beeps when installing a keychain remote or a Door/Window sensor. Are these also one off the flaws of my PSC09C?
It makes me doubt that I can install this without feedback from the console.  I tried in vain to get somebody on the phone that is familiar with the Pro2000 because if it works properly it should be a good security system, because I like the Alarm home and alarm away feature.
Does anyone have similar problems or is this just a defective console???

pstarrms

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 09:43:06 PM »

After Hours of going through the documentation on the PRO2000, and trying (4) Modems (internal) off of my laptop, I had to go dig up a old US Robotics 56k External Modem.

Changed the settings inside of hardware manager for it so that it was locked in at 300.7.E.1

Then used the following string inside of the PRO2000 Software : AT&F1 &N1 S7=59 S9=1 S10=250 S27=1

Connected Everything

Put the PRO2000 in RUN1 Mode

Pressed the Monitor Button and Hit Download within about 3-5 seconds

From here, its been a breeze, but it sure was hard to get to this point in the install.

Now off to the wall with all the external devices to see if I can get them all to setup.

Thanks to the others that posted, only found out this information from here !!!!!

Thanks

nsmwong

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 10:30:55 AM »

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I've tried 2 external 56K US Robotics Fax modems on two different computers with no luck. Someone mentioned that they set the hardware for the modem to 300 / 7 / 1/ even so that it forced the modem to communicate at that speed. Where do you set this (I tried doing this in Device Manager, Com ports).

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 12:24:14 PM »

I'm having the same problem as everyone else.......

... I never got my Pro2000 to work. I am a big fan and serious user of X10... but the Pro2000 didn't cut it for me. Best of luck.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JOGAR

Programming the Pro2000
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »

who used a Conexant modem to program PRO 2000?

I have a internal Laptop modem model Conexant HDA 110 MDC V. 92

I use AT&F S37=3 &K3 S7=59 S9=1 S10=250 +MS=V21 , the modem is ok but do  not connect to Pro 2000

JOGAR

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 08:25:33 AM »

After Hours of going through the documentation on the PRO2000, and trying (4) Modems (internal) off of my laptop, I had to go dig up a old US Robotics 56k External Modem.

Changed the settings inside of hardware manager for it so that it was locked in at 300.7.E.1

Then used the following string inside of the PRO2000 Software : AT&F1 &N1 S7=59 S9=1 S10=250 S27=1

Connected Everything

Put the PRO2000 in RUN1 Mode

Pressed the Monitor Button and Hit Download within about 3-5 seconds

From here, its been a breeze, but it sure was hard to get to this point in the install.

Now off to the wall with all the external devices to see if I can get them all to setup.

Thanks to the others that posted, only found out this information from here !!!!!

Thanks

Which one modem?

US Robotic = ??? US Robotics V.92 External 56K Faxmodem USR5686E????

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 04:06:04 PM »

Which one modem?

I actually went out and bought the recommended US Robotics External modem. It didn't work for me.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JOGAR

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 08:09:04 PM »

Which one modem?

I actually went out and bought the recommended US Robotics External modem. It didn't work for me.

Thanks Dave, I try with US Robotic Sporter External modem but don't work. I try to write to x10.
 B:(

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.