Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP, iWitness and VK74A  (Read 2931 times)

pvyaka01

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP, iWitness and VK74A
« on: January 10, 2008, 03:11:22 AM »

I've installed AHP and iWitness plug-in. Cannot control the Ninja Pan 'n Tilt using the module. It works with the remote, though. Any pointers?

Thanks!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: AHP, iWitness and VK74A
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 06:39:01 AM »

I've installed AHP and iWitness plug-in. Cannot control the Ninja Pan 'n Tilt using the module. It works with the remote, though. Any pointers?...
Unfortunately it may be an RF signal strength issue and I haven't seen any mods that increase the CM15A's transmit strength. To reach my camera from the CM15A, I had to move it about 6 ft over and 5 ft up.

You can test it by making a macro the send the camera a pan signal, set a timer on the macro and then plug the CM15A into an outlet near the camera.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 09:16:33 AM »

Unfortunately it may be an RF signal strength issue and I haven't seen any mods that increase the CM15A's transmit strength.

Complaints about the CM15A's transmitting antenna are few & far between as compared to its receiving antenna.

However, if better range or antenna placement is required, one could always do the F-Connector Mod for the internal transmitting antenna as well. The transmit & receive frequencies are the same, so all the specs of the posted external receiver antenna mod will apply (i.e. length of antenna elements).

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 01:00:52 PM »

Complaints about the CM15A's transmitting antenna are few & far between as compared to its receiving antenna....
I suspect because the transmitting application is used less often and by fewer people.

...if better range or antenna placement is required, one could always do the F-Connector Mod for the internal transmitting antenna as well. The transmit & receive frequencies are the same, so all the specs of the posted external receiver antenna mod will apply...
Thanks! I didn't realize that.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

pvyaka01

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 12:34:18 PM »

Thanks. I will try out some of these suggestions.

pvyaka01

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 01:51:08 PM »

Thanks for you all offering suggestions. I made a basic mistake. Had CM15A plugged in to a surge protector! I plugged it into a wall socket and it works now!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.