Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 acting really weird  (Read 2199 times)

mkgriff

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 acting really weird
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:03:32 PM »

just recently I am having some serious issues. First I have an open house with mostly ungrounded wiring. I have found it I use more than the one transceiver in the house the remotes work better, my house code is A but I also use B and C to control other parts of the house including the outside and garage. So about a week ago my transceiver on C decided it didn't want to re commands  from any remote controls. Then about a day later my main transceiver which is on the house code A decided to start turning on and off about every 30 min. and also around this time and appliance module decided it wanted to do the same (A-3). I am also using a USB transceiver on the computer so I tried disconnecting the Main A transceiver thinking there was a conflict but that did not help anything at all. I also have another transceiver on A in another part of the house which was also doing the same thing, on and off, so I removed it temporarily and again it did not know anything. This is not the first time I have had issues like remotes not working or sporadic operations but it is the first time it has lasted this long.
BVC & AHP mean never having to say "TURN THAT LIGHT ON WHEN YOU GO BY"

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: X10 acting really weird
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 01:48:46 PM »

just recently I am having some serious issues. First I have an open house with mostly ungrounded wiring. I have found it I use more than the one transceiver in the house the remotes work better, my house code is A but I also use B and C to control other parts of the house including the outside and garage. So about a week ago my transceiver on C decided it didn't want to re commands  from any remote controls. Then about a day later my main transceiver which is on the house code A decided to start turning on and off about every 30 min. and also around this time and appliance module decided it wanted to do the same (A-3). I am also using a USB transceiver on the computer so I tried disconnecting the Main A transceiver thinking there was a conflict but that did not help anything at all. I also have another transceiver on A in another part of the house which was also doing the same thing, on and off, so I removed it temporarily and again it did not know anything. This is not the first time I have had issues like remotes not working or sporadic operations but it is the first time it has lasted this long.
No model numbers Boomer...we don't have crystal balls out here.

The house code A ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF  sounds like a security system in alarm or your USB interface is going nuts.  Do you have a X10 security system? OR what USB transceiver do you have? If it is the CM15A, delete the program in the interface, unplug from outlet and USB and remove batteries. Then re-load everything. What transceivers? TM751 or RR501?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.