🔌General Home Automation > Original ActiveHome

Homeseer ! OR Activehome !

(1/3) > >>

alhakeem2001:
I'm thinking to move from Homeseer to Activehome as Homeseer doesn't support downloading Macros to my CM11 ! because I want to control my house from the internet without having my computer on all the Time, would that be possible with Activehome ?

hawk1:
If you didn't have a computer how would the cm11 interface with the internet?  I wouldn't think this would be possible without a computer or some other type of equipment.  I could be wrong though.  Good Luck!

nybuck:

--- Quote from: hawk1 on July 14, 2010, 09:38:47 AM ---If you didn't have a computer how would the cm11 interface with the internet?  I wouldn't think this would be possible without a computer or some other type of equipment.  I could be wrong though.  Good Luck!

--- End quote ---
rofl
Yeah, I'd say to connect to ActiveHome from the internet, the computer would probably have to be on...

dbemowsk:
I run ActiveHome Pro with my RemoteWatch X10 software and I have to keep my HA computer on 24/7.  If I shut down my HA computer, my CM15A would keep most things running, but I wouldn't have web based control.  There are companies that make web based controllers that don't need a computer running 24/7, but I don't know of any that support X10 protocol.

Brian H:
The CM11A uses the older Active Home software and it doesn't even like to run on some XP systems with out loosing the serial communications to the interface. Yes it is serial not USB.
I have no idea if Vista or Windows7 would even run Active Home. Even in compatibility mode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version