📱🖥️PiX10Hub > 🏥Help and Trouble Shooting

Re: PiX10Hub setup Tutorial

(1/18) > >>

Tuicemen:
Discussion about the tutorial can be posted here. ;)

soxfan1966:
I have been playing around with Home Genie and waiting for my Pi to arrive - I got an email this morning with an updated delivery date of later this week.  Since I had some time this morning I figured I'd try getting the image onto an SD card so I would be be ready to go.

I have a USB drive attached to my desktop - that had the Drive letter of K.  I also have slots in my desktop that accept a variety of SD cards - one being a Micro SD slot, which is Drive letter J.

I inserted the Micro SD card and proceeded with Win32 Disk Imager to get the downloaded (and extracted iso) image onto the SD card.

I was getting errors after clicking the write footer button about accessing the device.

I had to disconnect the drive I had on drive letter K, reboot my machine and then it was good to go.  Not sure if anyone else has this type of setup or not, but figured it couldn't hurt to post it in case someone else ran into it.

soxfan1966:
As part of the equipment needed, it was recommended to get 2 Micro SD cards.  I have 2- one I just got the iso image installed on.  What do I do with the other one?  Is it it intended to be a backup image (so I should also put a copy of the image on the second one, and then store it away?)

Tuicemen:
The second SD card is for a backup just in case things go south.
you can either wait till the first is all loaded then copy it(which is the best option) or write it now and place the backups on it once the other is all configured.

IPS:
Is it possible to change SSID and password on SD CARD after it has been installed in Pi zero w ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version