📱🖥️PiX10Hub > 🏥Help and Trouble Shooting

Net.WebService GetData() problem after Raspberry Pi update

(1/12) > >>

soxfan1966:
Good morning,

As I periodically do, I checked for updates for my Raspberry Pi this morning.  Seeing these seemed to be an update (see here:  https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/) I went thru the process of using Putty to connect to my Pi and then go thru the update.

Everything appeared to work fine, and it boots and HG Loads.

However, I am getting an error with the Weather Widget now - its reported that it cannot find "sys" in a string - but after some troubleshooting, appears that this command in the Weather program (both the "standard" and my updated version):

var weatherData = Net.WebService(webserviceurl_conditions).GetData();

is no longer returning any data, so when the rest of the program tries to parse the results it ends up with the missing sys error.

If you add this line:
Program.Notify("weatherData = " + weatherData);

to the weather program right after the line above, and then under Maintenence options turn on Event History you can see that weatherData is nil - it should be a list of data returned from the OpenWeatherMap API call.

I'm not sure if perhaps the Net.WebService on the pi was not started / enabled after the update, or if something in the update changed / broke how that is supposed to work.  But I'm hoping someone here may have an answer (or even a suggestion).

petera:
Have you tried restarting OW. Have you tried recompiling the OW Program, saving it, disabling and re enabling it. I have seen this problem before usually when the OW server was playing up and the call was returning a null value. As it’s a HG specific issue and not an X10 one you’re probably best reporting it over on HomeGenie.Club.

soxfan1966:
Yes, tried restarting the program and also recompiling.  Also did a restart of the pi.  None of that fixed the problem.

soxfan1966:
I posted the same question / problem over on the HG Club site too.

petera:

--- Quote from: soxfan1966 on May 30, 2020, 08:47:38 AM ---I posted the same question / problem over on the HG Club site too.

--- End quote ---

Have you tried to make any of those calls manually via a browser bar. I don’t use the OW program program in HG but I’ll enable it and have a look. What version of Mono are you using. Is it definitely the Stable Release. Are you running upgrade or dist-upgrade when updating your system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version