Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for help  (Read 1775 times)

roperroper100

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Looking for help
« on: August 14, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »

Hi all I've been using x10 for a few months now and I think it's great, here is what am trying to do when am in my tub and I dim the lights when my wife comes in the motion sensor brightens the lights 100% how can I keep the lights from brightening 100%,I think I need to use some flags, here is my setup,when I enter my bathroom my motion sensor turns on my lights (Lm467) A3 100% when the time is 6am to 11pm and when the time is 11pm to 6am it turn on 40% (macro) when am in my tub I have a slimline switch with a macro to turn the lights on/off and dim (macro), the thing is when am in the tub and I dim the lights if my wife comes in the sensor brightens the lights to 100% can anyone help me out with this please

Motion sensor M3 (macro)
wall switch LM467 A3
slimline switch B1 (macro)
am using windows XP

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Looking for help
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 03:42:51 PM »

..... I enter my bathroom my motion sensor turns on my lights (Lm467) A3 100% when the time is 6am to 11pm .....and when the time is 11pm to 6am it turn on 40% (macro)

when am in my tub I have a slimline switch with a macro to turn the lights on/off and dim (macro), the thing is when am in the tub and I dim the lights if my wife comes in the sensor brightens the lights to 100% can anyone help me out with this please

Instead of the lighting macros being based on time.... you could
  • try making the macros be conditional macros.. based on the condition of a monitored dummy module.
  • Then write two more timer macros that control the condition of the monitored dummy module.
  • Then when you take a bath... use your slimline switch to control the condition of the dummy monitored module.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.