Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: cm15a and hr12a with flourecent switch puzzling  (Read 8376 times)

cyberserf

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: cm15a and hr12a with flourescent switch puzzling
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 09:47:46 PM »

always used with unit code 1

what I don't understand is why it works perfectly when using on/off switch within AHP software!!? ???

In AHP, do you have the Transceiver module there as well as the switch module?

If you do, and they are on the same address (E1), the switch will work fine when pressed via the mouse because it will sent a PLC signal; but your remote is probably triggering the Transceiver module which will send an RF signal... I doubt the switch can recognise X-10 RF.

Maybe put the switch on a different Unit Code (not 1).

I tried unit code 3. no difference.
you are right about the ahp with mouse sending the "transmit" signal while the palmad is sending the "receive RF" signal.
I am guessing the switch doesnt understand the RF as you stated.

should I try a different brand flourescent switch besides switchlinc?

also cant the AHP pro application be updated to work around this shortcoming in the switch? I would have thought AHP programmers would have recognized this issue.

right now the only way the switch is working with the palmpad remote is with the tm751 plugged in. even then it seems there is a conflict with ahp also plugged in since my light sometimes turns on even after I turn it off so I have to turn it off twice. probably 2 signals being sent.

all is well with mouse and PC AHP app.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 09:56:46 PM by cyberserf »

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: cm15a and hr12a with flourecent switch puzzling
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 09:55:00 PM »

The switch type you selected shouldn't matter in this case.

What Tuicemen & I found, was that if you are running XP and you have a Transciever Module in AHP, then all commands to that housecode will be sent via RF... In Win2K, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Maybe try removing the Transceiver Module from AHP and resave to the CM15A... try tricking AHP into not sending the signal via RF.

cyberserf

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 10:08:52 PM »

only thing I have is the xps3 switch module in AHP. I tried the other switches just to check. made no difference.
I have removed all other modules and cleared/saved hardware config.
why does the AHP software when using mouse send transmit signals while the palmpad sends receive RF/receive signals?
the switch picture in AHP shows it turning on/off regardless of me using the mouse or palmpad.
 ::) ???

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 10:41:48 PM »

I know it's a stupid question, but did you download the "Timers and Macros" to the CM15A interface?   ::) ???
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

cyberserf

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 06:44:35 AM »

I did a little experimenting.
just created a workaround.

Since the AHP doesnt seem to work with palmpad commands, I plugged the tm751 transiever back as E1 (1 is only option)
then I setup the switchlinc light switch as E2.
seems to work fine with palmpad and no double commands being sent out from AHP.

Thanks for all the help.

also, any way to email the makers of AHP to get some detailed response?

ArtClark

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 11:04:01 AM »

This may sound dumb, but you might want to try setting the AHP software to transieve ALL housecodes.  After reading all of this several times, it really does seem that there is a connection problem between that specific switch module and the CM15a.  As you state, the AHP software IS activating the screen module.  This means the CM15a IS getting the RF signal.  It probably is sending the PLC command out, but not correctly.  Your workaround should work just fine, so maybe you should leave well enough alone.  I find this a very strange problem, that I have seen before with my setup, but never totally got rid of.  It also seems to come and go with battery level in my palmpad, even though the RF signal still shows up in AHP.  (Weird, huh.)  How the AHP software can correctly send the PLC command when asked to from the Mouse/screen but not resend the command via PLC when getting a good RF signal and having the unit set to Send/receive the correct housecode makes no sense to me at all.

IMHO, it can't be Noise, or ANY external interference.  Mouse OK & RF Receive in activity Monitor proves this.  This must be in the CM15a.  If the Palmpad had the problem, the TM751 would bomb too.  Good Luck and if you figure this out, please let us know.  I'm sure more than just me will be VERY interested.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.