Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A couple questions  (Read 3328 times)

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
A couple questions
« on: March 27, 2009, 10:47:22 AM »

ok, so I just installed a Universal Module UM506 for my garage door opener, however, I just got a call from my wife that it was open when she woke up this morning, what the heck?? How can I avoid this? I added this so that I can open it with my universal remote when someone is gone with the car.

ok, 2nd question, I just added the 3-way WS4777 to my kitchen lights, just replaced the switches that were there, but I cannot for the life of me get the slave switch to work.

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
Re: A couple questions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 11:36:06 AM »

ok, so I just installed a Universal Module UM506 for my garage door opener, however, I just got a call from my wife that it was open when she woke up this morning, what the heck?? How can I avoid this? I added this so that I can open it with my universal remote when someone is gone with the car.

Some people use two UM506 modules with the terminals wired in series for extra security.  Set each UM506 to a different code.  Then for the garage to open both modules would need to be on at the same time.

ok, 2nd question, I just added the 3-way WS4777 to my kitchen lights, just replaced the switches that were there, but I cannot for the life of me get the slave switch to work.

You need to make sure that you have connected the RED wire and one of the BLUE wires from the slave switch to the Traveler wires.  The Traveler wires are wires that run from one switch location to the other.

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 11:49:03 AM »

Some people use two UM506 modules with the terminals wired in series for extra security.  Set each UM506 to a different code.  Then for the garage to open both modules would need to be on at the same time.

You need to make sure that you have connected the RED wire and one of the BLUE wires from the slave switch to the Traveler wires.  The Traveler wires are wires that run from one switch location to the other.

Ok, I don't understand the garage door part.

For the 3 way switch that is the way I have it connected, exactly the way the original switches were wired.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 11:58:52 AM »

#1 You may want to add a magnetic switch to the garage door and run the Universal Module through the magnetic switch and position the switch on the garge door such that the only time the switch is closed and thus the UM can actually trigger the lifter, is when the door is closed.

#2 Not much to go on... did you check your wiring? I think the WS467 likes to be on the hot side of the three way and the companion switch would then be on the load side of the three way. So if wiring is confirmed correct, try switching the positions of the WS467 and the companion switches.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.