Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Limiting source of X10 commands and jumping gaps...  (Read 3491 times)

orcusomega

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Limiting source of X10 commands and jumping gaps...
« on: July 06, 2011, 01:23:04 PM »

I have a bunch of motion sensors around my house, and would like to be able to put a transceiver on the far end so that the farthest ones can send commands to AHP.  Problem is, the farthest sensor is in my garage, actually outside on the far side, so I would need to put a transceiver just on the inside of the house from the garage for the motion sensor to reach.  Problem is that other motion sensors can send to this transceiver as well, and I don't want double messages.  I know that AHP can be set to not transceive message from the RF to the powerline, but can it be told to "ignore" a particular house code over RF but still trigger macros when it is seen on the powerline?

The other issue I have is I have a rogue line in my garage ceiling that no matter what I do I cannot get a signal out to it.  I would like to be able to kill my garage doors at night (we have had a series of breakins lately) but to do so I need AHP to SEND an RF signal - and I am using a CM15A. I have put a transeiver out in the garage that allows me to send RF to it and lock down the outlets, but I REALLY want to do that via a timer - any suggestions, other than manually using a remote?

Thanks!

Bob

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Limiting source of X10 commands and jumping gaps...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 02:12:45 PM »

The other issue I have is I have a rogue line in my garage ceiling that no matter what I do I cannot get a signal out to it.  I would like to be able to kill my garage doors at night (we have had a series of breakins lately) but to do so I need AHP to SEND an RF signal - and I am using a CM15A. I have put a transeiver out in the garage that allows me to send RF to it and lock down the outlets, but I REALLY want to do that via a timer - any suggestions, other than manually using a remote?
Create a macro that sends the RF code you want, and then put a timer on that macro.

orcusomega

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 02:21:35 PM »

I haven't done this before, so bear with me.  For example, I have my CM15A in the house, and an rr501 in the ceiling outlet in the garage.  The ceiling outlet has an address of H9 - so just tell AHP to send an H9?

I hate trying to deal with this black hole of a garage...  Is there a wall unit that will repeat PLC to RF?

Thanks,

Bob

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 08:23:35 PM »

What's the RR501 controlling?  That's what a RR501 does, it converts RF to PL to control modules or other control devises that use PL signals.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 09:22:56 PM »

Is there a wall unit that will repeat PLC to RF?
No

But you might be able to get the CM15A to do it. Maybe one of the users of the AHP - SDK could chime in?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 12:09:18 AM »

I am making the following assumptions:
1) You only need to repeat those commands that are for devices at the end of that run.
2) You can't, or don't want to, install a booster/coupler/repeater device.

In that case, using an RR501 is a good way to get the RF signal into that "isolated" portion of the house. The only question is how to get the RF signal to the RR501.
Since the CM15A can transmit RF, you can create macros to do it. I would recommend putting the RR501 and any devices you need to control on that leg onto a HouseCode that is different from your regular one.
Then create macros to transmit the codes.
For example, if C8 is the light right now, move it over to D8, switch the RR501 to "D", anc create a "C8 On" macro that send an RF command to "D8 On."

That way, you can still use remotes, sensors, and other stuff that can talk to the CM15A, with no fear of duplicating commands.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.