X10 Zone > Article Discussion

A Legislative Upheaval For X-10

<< < (3/3)

tom j:

--- Quote from: JeffVolp on March 18, 2007, 05:18:44 PM ---
--- Quote ---Jeff; How about the wall dimmers that steal power through the load?
--- End quote ---

Almost all of our ceiling CFLs are on Leviton 16293 relay switches that include the neutral connection for signal return.  The one CFL on a dimmer uses a Leviton 16383 that also has a neutral connection.

As described in the tutorial, I use Leviton 6287 in-line filters between the Leviton X10 switches and all CFL fixtures.  That filter would also block the X10 signal if used with a switch that passes the signal through the load.

There are certainly CFLs out there that do not cause a problem for X10.  While I haven't scoped one yet, the new n:vision CFLs sold by Home Depot work fine on a X10 lamp module just switched on/off.  However, my X10 signals are stronger than in an average house, so that might be a factor.

Jeff

--- End quote ---

Thanks what's the name of them N:Vision?? I bought some at Sam's that wouldn't work, well kind of. Once you cut them off they would flicker for about 20 seconds.

Tom j

JeffVolp:

--- Quote ---Thanks what's the name of them N:Vision?? I bought some at Sam's that wouldn't work, well kind of. Once you cut them off they would flicker for about 20 seconds.
--- End quote ---

Yes, we got n:vision 60w equivalent SKU 423-599 Model EDXO-14.  They work fine switched ON and OFF with an ordinary X10 lamp module (RCA flavor), turn on at full intensity immediately, and do not flicker when switched off.

These were bought back in the spring.  Since then I have seen reports of flicker when switched off, so they may have changed the design since then.

Jeff

Oldtimer:

--- Quote from: JeffVolp on September 26, 2007, 05:29:05 PM ---
--- Quote ---Thanks what's the name of them N:Vision?? I bought some at Sam's that wouldn't work, well kind of. Once you cut them off they would flicker for about 20 seconds.
--- End quote ---

Yes, we got n:vision 60w equivalent SKU 423-599 Model EDXO-14.  They work fine switched ON and OFF with an ordinary X10 lamp module (RCA flavor), turn on at full intensity immediately, and do not flicker when switched off.

These were bought back in the spring.  Since then I have seen reports of flicker when switched off, so they may have changed the design since then.

Jeff

--- End quote ---

The N:Vision bulbs I've gotten from Home Depot this suumer do the same thing.  They work fine with appliance and lamp modules, but blink slowly and friefly when turned off with lamp modules and some appliance modules.  I've been putting 22k ohm resistors in the wall plugs to eliminate this.  Very little heat in the resistors.  I'll post pictures, etc., soon about the plugs I used.  Other than that the N:Vision bulbs are great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version