💬General Category > General Discussion

X-10 and remote car start

(1/3) > >>

Bell:
Hey fellow x-10 members, dont you think life would be better if x-10 and remote car starter go together, I mean
think of this your x-10 cams keeps your cars safe, how about if your active home pro can start your car on those
super cold mornings before you take the kids to school? my x-10 cams are on my cars 24 hours a day, but in the
morning I have to pick-up my remote, to start the van to take my kids to school, but if x-10 had there remote
start control by activehome pro those days would be over, because activehome pro would start my car on those
super, chilling, cold mornings................

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com):
If you have a spare car starter remote you don't mind sacrificing and some patience and soldering skills, you could use a UM506 module to receive an X10 power line signal and short the contacts on the car starter remote!   8)

One drawback... it would then take only a single X10 powerline command to start your car when it is parked close enough to your home!   ::)

steven r:

--- Quote from: -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) on October 16, 2007, 10:16:09 PM ---...One drawback... it would then take only a single X10 powerline command to start your car when it is parked close enough to your home!

--- End quote ---
Do remote starters have a lockout to keep them from trying to start a car if it is already running? If not, another thing to worry about is if a 2nd start signal was triggered by X10.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com):

--- Quote from: steven r on October 16, 2007, 10:56:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) on October 16, 2007, 10:16:09 PM ---...One drawback... it would then take only a single X10 powerline command to start your car when it is parked close enough to your home!

--- End quote ---
Do remote starters have a lockout to keep them from trying to start a car if it is already running? If not, another thing to worry about is if a 2nd start signal was triggered by X10.

--- End quote ---

Good point!

While I would assume most "good" ones do... that is definitely something to check out with your particular starter unit!   ;)

dave w:

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

My $50 Wal-Mart special does. It is one of the least expensive Bulldog unit and is surprisingly sophisticated for the price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version