📱X10 WIFI > 🏥Help & Trouble shooting

CM15a works with RF but not with PC

<< < (3/6) > >>

JeffVolp:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on July 01, 2018, 01:20:39 AM ---Make sure the USB cable is fully seated both in the CM15 and PC.
Also try another USB port & or cable.
--- End quote ---

A bad USB cable wouldn't explain why just the ON command doesn't work.

Jeff

Tuicemen:
Maybe not, (just throwing out ideas) but if it isn't fitting snug all kinds on issue appear.
I had a USB cable get bumped from the CM15 and it became lose. I don't remember if it was at the PC or CM15 but when I attempted to replace the cable I noticed it wasn't fully seated. Pushing it back in snug fixed my issue however I ended up using the replacement as it fit tighter.

jimsl78:

--- Quote from: JeffVolp on June 30, 2018, 10:36:24 AM ---Just to review to make sure I understood the problem:

1)  Using the CM15A as your RF transceiver, the switch works properly ON & OFF when commanded by a wireless remote.

2)  You don't have another transceiver that could also be relaying the wireless commands to the powerline.

3)  Commands from AHP sent through the CM15A will not turn the switch ON, but they will turn it OFF.

4)  This is a solid failure, and not an occasional missed ON command from AHP.

If this is the case, the CM15A is the transmitter for when it works and when it does not.  The signal path would be the same, so I don't see how the XPCR could be a factor.  That's why I suggested the CM15A might be sending a different ON command when controlled by AHP versus the standard ON command sent by the wireless remote.  Of course there might be another factor, such as a noise source or signal sucker interfering with the command when it was sent from AHP.

Jeff

--- End quote ---

That summarizes it well.
I was wondering if its possible that the CM15A sends a stronger or different signal when sent by the wireless remote. Maybe The CM15A a was damaged in the power surge as well.

JeffVolp:

--- Quote from: jimsl78 on July 01, 2018, 01:49:29 AM ---I was wondering if its possible that the CM15A sends a stronger or different signal when sent by the wireless remote.

--- End quote ---

The signal strength would be the same for either case, but it is possible the CM15A might be sending different ON commands.  That's why I suggested redefining the switch as no longer a Leviton switch.

The one other possibility is that when you send wireless commands, the transceiver relays the commands to the powerline as long as the button is pressed.  So if the light doesn't immediately respond, holding the button down would continue to send commands until one gets through.

Jeff

jimsl78:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on July 01, 2018, 01:47:25 AM ---Maybe not, (just throwing out ideas) but if it isn't fitting snug all kinds on issue appear.
I had a USB cable get bumped from the CM15 and it became lose. I don't remember if it was at the PC or CM15 but when I attempted to replace the cable I noticed it wasn't fully seated. Pushing it back in snug fixed my issue however I ended up using the replacement as it fit tighter.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Tuicemen, I put the CM15A in other outlets around the house, cleared and re downloaded interface memory, I wont respond to timer generated ON commands as well. I think this confirms the USB isn't an issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version