Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SR731 not repeating  (Read 5439 times)

rfizer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SR731 not repeating
« on: October 03, 2006, 06:47:25 PM »

Hello,
I just bought an SR731 RF Repeater, and when i hit the test button. the light on the front lights up and it sends the test signal and turns on my test light, and then off appropriately. However, If i use a remote, it does not seem to repeat the signals. There are no lights indicated on the front of the repeater, and i get no signal improvement. Does Anyone know my problem?
I am using the X10 Palm Pad Remote (HR12A)
Thanks

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: SR731 not repeating
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 07:09:29 PM »

You may have a bad unit. My unit has 2 red LED's that will flash. One comes on and goes out when it receives a signal then a couple of seconds later another comes on and goes off when it sends (repeats) the signal.  You do need to be looking straight on at the unit to see the lights clearly.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: SR731 not repeating
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 10:11:52 PM »

Hello,
I just bought an SR731 RF Repeater, and when i hit the test button. the light on the front lights up and it sends the test signal and turns on my test light, and then off appropriately. However, If i use a remote, it does not seem to repeat the signals. There are no lights indicated on the front of the repeater, and i get no signal improvement. Does Anyone know my problem?
I am using the X10 Palm Pad Remote (HR12A)
Thanks

The SR731 has a rechargable battery and its performance may be a little flakey when first plugged in if the battery is fully discharged.

After being plugged in for an hour or so, if the two SR731 LEDs don't flash in sequence when a HR12A button is pressed (and you know for sure that the HR12A is otherwise working), then I would agree with KDR that you have a bad unit.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.