Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A Transceiver  (Read 3812 times)

joe c

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A Transceiver
« on: January 15, 2006, 07:59:16 PM »

I have an issue with the transceiver portion
of my CM15A.  After I download the program
into the CM15A, the transceiver only works
for 1/2 hour then stops working all together.
Any suggestions?

Joe

NewbernD

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: CM15A Transceiver
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 11:50:30 AM »

This happens to me too.  Sometime's it's 30 minutes, sometime I get 3 hours.  If you un-plug it from the wall and plug it in again it will tranceive codes again.  The support guys sent me another unit.. it does the same thing.  Frustrated.

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 09:24:57 PM »

This is an old post but seems to be similar to many others in the forum.  It's a stab in the dark but I have a suggestion to try if this happens to you.  In the TOOLS menu of AHP "Clear The Interface Memory" before downloading your program.  I don't know if it's possible or how X-10 tests the CM-15A before shipping it but there might be test programs left over in memory that are reacting to your transreceive commands, or if you have any in your program, dangling (unfinished) macros doing the same thing.  As I remember it there was a similar problem with the CM-11A.  I always cleared memory on the CM-11A before downloading a new program and do the same thing now on the CM-15A and had/have no trouble with either. You could try "Purge Delayed Macro Events" if you're not downloading a new program, but, the very first time you set it up, clear the memory just to be sure.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 11:14:03 PM »

Just my two cents...

I have ALWAYS cleared the interface memory before downloading changes to modules, timers, macros, etc.
I also clear the interface memory and re-download everything to the interface after every upgrade of the AHP software is installed on the computer.

So far (knock on wood!), the only time it refuses to transceive RF is when the power goes out (it doesn't seem to matter if it's a short outage or a long one, or how good the batteries are).
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.