💬General Category > General Discussion

Troubleshooting Assistance

<< < (2/2)

dave w:

--- Quote from: bkenobi on September 12, 2018, 11:11:54 AM ---You will have to pull the cover plate off in order to see the dials on an outlet module.

--- End quote ---
I think that is for the wall switches. For the X10 outlets the dials should be visible between the two outlets.

bkenobi:
I haven't looked at mine recently (mine are installed outside under weatherproof covers).  I was sure they were behind the plate, but looking at the pictures you are correct.  The SmartHome outlets have a button and LED on them that can be used to assign an X10 address.

https://www.x10.com/sr227.html

dave w:
Doesn't matter, I don't think lawn guy has come back. Maybe he unplugged a wall wart and everything started working.

CHSLawnGuy:
I left this page up and forgot to come back to it. I did unplug the timers the next day and have just left the lighting off in the meantime. I'm going to take the outlet face cover off in a bit and see if it's an X10 unit.

Re: Noise
Will check out JVDE. That circuit is on a separate sub-panel, so I could start with peer outlets and see how far I can get away from it before I lose connection. If I can get to it on the same sub-panel, but not the master, it may be possible that I've introduced something in the system.

CHSLawnGuy:
Checked the outlet last night and it's just a regular outlet.

I tried both timers in a variety of spots around the garage and now neither control the lights anymore no matter how close I am to the outlet. Will dig around on jvde.us in the coming days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version