Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XPDI3 Paddle not working  (Read 1604 times)

Matt D

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XPDI3 Paddle not working
« on: November 11, 2015, 06:22:47 PM »

We bought a new house with an XPDI3 hooked and a XPT2D set to control the lights in our kitchen.

* The XPT2D controls the lights perfectly.
* The power cutoff switch on the XPDI3 cuts off the power to the lights.
* If I change the address code on the XPDI3, the XPT2D no longer controls the lights. This tells me that the two are definitely connected.

My problem:
* The paddle on the XPDI3 does NOT control the light in any way. I try tapping, I try holding it down. Nothing. Does this mean that my XPDI3 needs to be replaced, or is it possible that there is some wiring fix?

Thanks!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: XPDI3 Paddle not working
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 06:37:35 PM »

The XPDI3 and the WS12 are mechanically like WS467 under the paddle. The paddle and air gap switch are a wonky assembly designed to manipulate the real air gap and button underneath.  Misalignment or mechanical breakage could prevent the paddle from actuating the hidden push button. Remove the switch and you will be able to gently pry the paddle off the switch so you can see if broken or misaligned.

Also, try turning off the breaker feeding XPDI3 for 10 seconds or so to reset the controller chip. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 06:40:27 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: XPDI3 Paddle not working
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 06:47:50 PM »

Since you have had the paddle off to try a different X10 address.
Try the hidden button as dave w suggested. The paddle assembly maybe broken.
If directly pushing the button under the paddle. Does not work. Then it maybe a bad.

Since the XPT2D will remotely control it. You know the original X10 address was OK and the switch is not completely dead.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.