Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can I defeat 'all lights on' feature'?  (Read 5771 times)

amx

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Can I defeat 'all lights on' feature'?
« on: August 18, 2008, 02:41:32 PM »

I have an XPFM module controlling a pump motor.  When the 'All Lts On' button is pushed on the UR19A remote the pump starts up.  Can I defeat this feature in this an other modules?

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Can I defeat 'all lights on' feature'?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »

Interesting. The XPFM I use for my fan does not respond to an "All Lights On". Is yours labeled as a fixture module?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:29:07 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 04:50:55 PM »

steven; My XPFM also does not respond to an All Lights On; but I just looked at the X10Pro web sites XPFM users guide and it now shows it will respond to an All Lights On command. :'

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 05:03:37 PM »

...I just looked at the X10Pro web sites XPFM users guide and it now shows it will respond to an All Lights On command.
Knowing mine didn't I also searched for the XPFM online and discovered it is currently being described as responding to an "All Lights On". I wonder if this is another case of the hardware changing without the module number changing.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 10:00:38 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 09:42:10 PM »

Wow!  Just hope they didn't add "soft start" and dimming too!    :'
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Boiler

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 04:37:41 PM »

amx,

I'm assuming that you are operating the Pump from a timer on the CM15a...

The "all lights on" command is house code specific (i.e. it can only activate a single house code).  If you move it to another house code, you can modify the CM15a accordingly (it will still be able to turn the pump on/off) but your UR19a (transmitting a different house code) will have no effect.

Boiler

amx

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 09:14:12 PM »

boiler

As a matter of fact I have been using the UR19A as a safe way to start/stop the Jacuzzi pump while I was in the tub.  I also have a KR19A remote so if I can't kill the 'All Lights On' feature in the module I will take your advice and change the house code on the XPFM module and set the KR19A to match.  Hopefully this will solve my problem.

Thanks for the suggestion.

amx

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 09:23:34 PM »

I'm assuming that you are operating the Pump from a timer on the CM15a...

The "all lights on" command is house code specific (i.e. it can only activate a single house code).  If you move it to another house code, you can modify the CM15a accordingly (it will still be able to turn the pump on/off) but your UR19a (transmitting a different house code) will have no effect.

If the OP does indeed have a CM15a, he could also create a set of simple macros to "translate" from the original house/unit code to the new house/unit code.  Such macros would only respond to "on" and "off" commands of the original house/unit code, and thus, filter out any "all lights on" commands.  However, humans can still manually use the familiar original house/unit code.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Boiler

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 10:31:03 PM »

As a matter of fact I have been using the UR19A as a safe way to start/stop the Jacuzzi pump while I was in the tub.  I also have a KR19A remote so if I can't kill the 'All Lights On' feature in the module I will take your advice and change the house code on the XPFM module and set the KR19A to match.  Hopefully this will solve my problem.

Amx,
Given your setup, Walt's idea of moving the housecode of your pump and "adding" a macro at the original house/unit code is far superior to my solution. 

To embellish a bit on Walt's post -
You would be able to control the "macro" from the original address using your UR19a with the added benefit that "macros will not respond to all lights on/all units off" commands.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 11:06:21 PM »

To embellish a bit on Walt's post -

Check out the user created Macro "Redirected Command" [by steven r]:  http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=13873.0
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.