Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: over exposure, need help  (Read 10197 times)

tinnman357

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
over exposure, need help
« on: May 20, 2007, 12:40:51 PM »

Hello all,
       I have just installed 7 X10 cams (2 wide, 2 b/w, and 3 regular xc18a). All seem to be working pretty good w/ remote as well as w/VICC. My problem is over exposure.  They all have a good picture when its dusk or dawn but in between, unless you know the layout of my property you realy cannot make heads or tails of the image being displayed, not to mention not being able to identify someone ( which is  intended purpose. got some rotten ass kids egging house and cars). I understand that the position of the sun is going to have some effect on the image exposure but even the ones that are not being blasted by the sun still are producing over exposed images (except the one in the house). The b/w cams are really worthless until dusk or dawn. My question ( And I have searched the forum and tech support for days. I didnt even bother calling tech support because from passed experince with them and what I've read. All it would do is piss me off even more) is there a way to adjust the brightness of the cam thru the cam itself or thru software ? There is probably a topic on this and I cant seem to find it, and I dont have the time to read every post.  I tried to run cams/ vicc with vista on a newer system but ofcourse you all know that dont work so I rigged up an old 800mhz system with windows me. Thanks for any help

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: over exposure, need help
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 05:36:29 PM »

I tried to run cams/ vicc with vista on a newer system but ofcourse you all know that dont work so I rigged up an old 800mhz system with windows me. Thanks for any help

I would GUESS not ALL the cameras could be defective. So it's likely the problem is part of the "old 800mhz system with windows me". Could you describe that set-up in a little more detail?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 06:55:19 PM »

I'm convinced that, while it doesn't seem right, all the cameras are indeed bad. I bought 4 cameras a few weeks ago and had the same problem (see "White out" in Wireless Cameras & Vanguard). Another person had the same problem and posted under Iwitness, "Problems w/ White Level." I believe X10 has gotten a bad batch of cameras and they are now starting to show up. I returned mine within the 30 days. (Tech support says this is not and issue, but when the RMA came, it stated that the reason I was returning the cameras was because "they did not meet my expectations." Nothing was mentioned about the white out probelm, so I now understand why it is not an issue: they have simply ignored it!

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 07:11:06 PM »

I'm convinced that, while it doesn't seem right, all the cameras are indeed bad.

I have read the posts you mentioned...... you may be correct.

An easy way tinnman357 could test his set-up would be to replace the camera input with a VCR, camcorder, or even a DVD video [RCA] output.

tinnman357

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:10:19 PM »

Hello all,
      Dave & Bill I think your right, I too am inclined to think it's the computer or the video card. I was wrong before its a 700 MHz old piece of crap I built for the kids 5 or 6 years ago. Anyway hooked up receiver to TV and pictures were better (not great) but I live in Florida and the sun does get pretty intense. I hope to be able to run it on my Vista computer one day  ::).
                                     Thanks for your help

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 10:08:59 PM »

Thanks for your help

Thanks for following up with a reply! And let us know how this works out. It is always nice to know when we're helpful.

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 11:47:44 AM »

Agree...thanks for the followup, Tinmann. And best of luck with that Vista!

INFRARED

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 04:10:16 AM »

Hey guys i'm the new kid on the block. All i know is you pay cheap you get cheap results.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.