🔌General Home Automation > Other Automation Systems

Lowe's Pulls the Plug On Iris Smart Home Platform.

<< < (2/4) > >>

bkenobi:
Dang, I guess I missed my chance to give another cloud based solution a try while I was working on my locally controlled setup.   :'

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: bkenobi on February 02, 2019, 08:48:05 PM ---Dang, I guess I missed my chance to give another cloud based solution a try......
--- End quote ---

Don't worry. I promise you... the Internet isn't really the fad so many old guys say it is. You'll have a lifetime of chances to advance your system to the next (current) generation.

HA Dave:
BTW.… polls are showing the Amazon Echo/devices Super Bowl Commercial titled Not Everything Makes the cut… was one of the most popular commercials. The commercial emphasizes exactly what I posted earlier. Amazon is EXPANDING their market for Home Automation Uses. It's NOT just deciding to stay with ONLY using X10 because you don't care to voice order dog food via an Echo device. There isn't a lot of X10 microwaves out there! And what NEW automation tech is X10 developing in their labs...… TODAY?!?!?

arizona480:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on February 02, 2019, 08:48:24 AM ---News like this just reinforces my decision not to jump the X10 ship.

--- End quote ---

Me too.  I think the main reason why you would shy away from x10 in 2019 is because many devices cause noise that kill the x10 signals.  But the investment of the noise filters is not too bad in $$$, it's more the patience and strategy to set everything up so it works properly.

Tuicemen:
The cost of replacing all ones X10 devices usually out weighs the cost of making a x10 setup reliable.
 Most all protocols have their draw backs but when using devices that depend solely on a outside server have the draw back of becoming bricks. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version