🔌General Home Automation > Powerline Control Reliability

XTB Background

<< < (4/4)

petera:
Jeff curious to know if you ever produced an XTB for the 220v world

JeffVolp:

--- Quote from: petera on December 11, 2019, 11:55:59 AM ---Jeff curious to know if you ever produced an XTB for the 220v world
--- End quote ---

Yes, we offered a 240V 50Hz single-output version of the XTB-IIR.  We even made a customized version for an automation dealer in the UK who added a UK outlet on the cover for the X10 Boost input.  We also offered a 240V 50Hz version of the XTB-232.  Eventually I dropped the 240V 50Hz products because of low demand.

Jeff

petera:

--- Quote from: JeffVolp on December 11, 2019, 01:22:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: petera on December 11, 2019, 11:55:59 AM ---Jeff curious to know if you ever produced an XTB for the 220v world
--- End quote ---

Yes, we offered a 240V 50Hz single-output version of the XTB-IIR.  We even made a customized version for an automation dealer in the UK who added a UK outlet on the cover for the X10 Boost input.  We also offered a 240V 50Hz version of the XTB-232.  Eventually I dropped the 240V 50Hz products because of low demand.

Jeff

--- End quote ---

Yes I can understand that decision. I know there isn't a huge demand for X10 equipment these days but to have equipment available with your class of fabrication is practically unheard of now. I'll keep an eye out on the likes of eBay to see if your equipment comes up for sale. I'd really like to try it,

dhouston:
IIRC, Cenelec regulations limit PLC amplitude to 2.5Vpp. That is probably why X10 quickly died in Europe after the regulations took effect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version