Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stop The Insanity! My AHP is becoming my Demon Seed! (Old Movie Reference)  (Read 2140 times)

wedway

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Dear X-10 Friends,

I have a Windows Vista PC and have been running AHP in compatibility mode for Windows XP. I just completed the upgrade and noticed tonight that none of my timed events for lights to go on were occurring. I woke up this morning and my outdoor lighting was still on. (It's supposed to shut off at 3 AM) When I initiate turning the devices on or off through the PC on the AHP program it works ok.  (Any Suggestions?)

Second, I have noticed also that when I check the hardware configuration at times the module reads some month and date and the year 1601. I unplug the USB from the control module and it usually restores the correct settings but why does it do this?

Lastly, is AHP truly Vista compatible? I am tempted to by a cheapo used XP computer and move it back to XP.

I love X10 but I have to admit that I am really frustrated.

P.S. I also have a phase coupler on my dryer to help one leg of the house talk to the other leg!

Any help you kind folks could offer me would be sincerely appreciated! :'(
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 01:52:59 AM by wedway »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

I am tempted to by a cheapo used XP computer and move it back to XP.
Some would call that an Upgrade from vista! :( ;)
If you have a backup of your AHX file(and you should) use it and delete the one your using now that may fix the issue!
sometimes AHX files get corrupt with upgrades!
No back up, then you'll have to rebuild from scratch! :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.