Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Would like advise on a system to purchase for my store  (Read 1853 times)

secondhand

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Would like advise on a system to purchase for my store
« on: August 10, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »

Hello to all:
I am going to buy a surveillance system for my store and would like advise on what to buy. I will start by telling everyone that I have a secondhand shop that is 1500 square feet in space. It is 50 by 30 with no interior walls just some furniture but none that goes all the way to the ceiling except for the pieces along the wall. I would like to have audio. And nite vision to place a camera outside to see my inventory outside.  I want to monitor the comings and going from my pc at home. I want to record daily events too. Let me know any additional information I need to answer. I would like to stay in the 350.00 price range. Thanks for any and all advise or suggestions.

SteveRF

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
Re: Would like advise on a system to purchase for my store
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 02:09:01 PM »

Well, for the surveillance system, I would go to Sams Club (Wal-Mart) and purchase the very best digital recording system they have.
Would not skimp on it and I would not use the X10 cams.  You may actually want to identify something in the recording one day and the X10 cams, in my opinion, are just not good enough.  I have 3 X10 cams, 2 color and 1 B&W that I use to monitor the pool area and home security with X10. 
My opinion, Not reliable enough.

Steve
Perdido Beach, AL

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.