Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Operating Voltages on wireless Camera  (Read 4660 times)

MuscleCarMike

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Operating Voltages on wireless Camera
« on: March 21, 2010, 11:40:04 AM »

Does anyone know what voltage the wireless camera and receiver operate on?  I noticed taht you can order a battery attachment for the camera that uses four "AA" Batteries, that tells me that it will operate on 6volts DC. What about the receiver? I am trying to use this setup on my motor home to replace the back-up camera. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Operating Voltages on wireless Camera
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:55:23 AM »

The battery pack has a small switching power supply in it. 6 volts from the four AA cells is converted to 12 volts for the camera.
When using the battery pack both the switched and constant 12 volts is always on.
When  AC powered; the addressable wall wart switches the transmitter on and off and leaves the rest of the camera on. That way you don't get the 3 to 4 second charge time for the CCD video detector. The real old cameras where not instant on and took like 3-5 seconds for the picture to fade in.

Just connect the +12 volts to the cameras 1/8" stereo jacks tip and ring. Negative goes to the sleeve.

I believe the receivers are also 12 volt.

MuscleCarMike

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 12:03:26 PM »

Thanks Brian. I think I will chance the $39.98 and see if they will work on my motor home. I have plenty of 12vdc to operate the comera and receiver, but 120vac  is hard to come by without an inverter or generator running.

Thanks,
Mike

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 06:23:18 PM »

I looked at the specifications pages of the wiki. All the camera supplies are 12 volts at varied currents to match the cameras needs. I also looked at a few of the receiver modules manuals and they showed the DC jack marked 12 volts.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.