Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Video not playing properly in video viewer pane.  (Read 2016 times)

ptenning

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Video not playing properly in video viewer pane.
« on: May 27, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »

Problem: When I go to the video viewer to watch video that I've recorded with an X10 camera, the video is offset in the viewing pane and plays mostly outside of the viewing pane. Only a small portion of the video is visible in the viewing pane.

Here's what I'm doing to get this problem: Go to the "home" page in AHP, scroll down to view the MEDIA center, then click VIDEO. A new AHP MEDIA window will appear. Now select and click on a video clip that has been previously recorded, and click the "Start Slideshow" or "Play" button. The video should play in the viewing pane and does not. If you look carefully at the screen capture I've attached, you can see a phantom outline in the lower-right of the video viewing pane. This is the only portion of video visible when I click play.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 11:16:52 AM by ptenning »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Video not playing properly in video viewer pane.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 04:01:42 PM »

I don't use the video capture option. the auto stills works just fine for my purposes
Have you tried playing the video file with Windows Media Player ?
Have you tried using a different codec for creating the video? ???
This is found under Preferences/Video Settings.   ;)
Note: Having the wrong codec selected can cause every thing from AHP crashing to video playing upside down :'(
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 04:04:09 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.