Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie with questions  (Read 4509 times)

Bacchus

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Newbie with questions
« on: April 13, 2009, 08:38:38 PM »

Just a couple of questions I couldn't find on the forum.  Maybe I missed them.

1)  There is a lot of good information about a better antenna for the CM15A but I didn't find anything about the cabling used.  Do you recommend a specific "RG" cabling or are you using just shielded wire ?

2)  I am using PR511 Dual Floodlights and have the first sensor set to "in" and the other 3 set to "out".
     How do I see the that it is sending the address +1 ?  Do I need to set up a motion sensor to see when it
     send that the lights are on.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Newbie with questions
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 09:57:49 PM »

1. I just used RG6 which a double shield, cheap and easy to find. I also just used "F" connectors for the same reasons. Someone said the CM15A receiver input is 50 ohm, so technically RG-58 and BNC connectors would be a better match.

But at six to ten bucks for a BNC male and female and RG58 being hard to find, I decided to use what I could find in the junkbox. I get easy 60 plus feet with a straight wire, 1/2 wave antenna in the attic (final 18" of the RG6 with the shield cut away). Always a believer in K.I.S.S.  ;)

2. Can't you check your AHP activity monitor?  OR set a lamp module to the PR511 "plus one" address and see if it goes on.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:00:42 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Bacchus

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Newbie with questions
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 11:50:37 PM »

Thanks Dave for the fast response.  I will try both sugestions tomorrow. 

Thanks again and I will let you know.

Bacchus

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.